Hello - from a new bloke

Options
Hello all

Just started being good yesterday and doing calorie counting.
It seems quite simple to be honest and the food tools on here make things easier to record, I wouldn't have had a clue how many calories were in a peach or a banana.
I seem to be having too much sugar at the moment but 99.9% of it is coming from the fruit so maybe thats not too bad ?
I have got loads to lose, I am around 25 stone and have yo-yo'd for years losing loads and gaining loads, I lost about 6 stone a couple of years back but put it back on and more. I always stuck around 20 stone ish when I was with my Fiancee but when we split up (she ran off with a thin bloke :( ) I seem to have broken that 20 stone barrier and gone a bit mad these last few years.

I am for a change very determined now to get sorted - I am 37 in a few days and don't want to be fat and forty so its time to get myself sorted.
It will help me fit into my little old MG better (or under it when its broken haha)

anyway good luck with your own diets, and fingers crossed for me.
My first goal is a bit of a giggle really, my scales go up to about 22/23 stone and then end, so when I get on them they spin right round haha leaving me to rough guess what weight I am...
My first goal is to reach the end of the scales :D its a start anyway and achievable reasonably soon ish I would think.

have a good day all.

Replies

• udderlyfantastic
    udderlyfantastic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, sweetie,
    I am pretty new too and have an awful lot of weight to lose. I want to lose 188 pounds and have lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks. I am really committed to getting all of this weight off because it is ruining my life. I am a 53 year old woman who developed an under active thyroid, yet despite feeling ill with it and piling on weight my doctor chose not to treat me until I could no longer keep my eyes open to do a days work. Ten years later and ten stone heavier, I eventually received treatment but could not shift the weight. I developed more health problems and these have been exacerbated by my weight. I can no longer work and I am confined to the house unless someone is kind enough to take me out in their car. As my life has closed down I turned more and more to the only comfort that I could easily reach, FOOD! Recently I visited a cafe with a friend and managed to just fit my huge backside in the chair. When we got up to leave the chair just came with me, I was stuck fast, f. My friend had to prise it from my enormous behind. The whole place was laughing, I laughed too making jokes about my massive behind but inside my heart was breaking. It had one good effect though, I found MFP and joined up and whilst I know it will not be easy and some days I am going to struggle I am absolutely determined to lose all of this ugly body fat for good and restart what is left of my life. If you need a buddy, I am going to be around for a long time, so I will be able to offer my support.
  • samischell
    samischell Posts: 40
    Options
    Looking for friends to loose with as well. be happy to help you out . request has been sent.
  • udderlyfantastic
    udderlyfantastic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, sweetie,
    I am pretty new too and have an awful lot of weight to lose. I want to lose 188 pounds and have lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks. I am really committed to getting all of this weight off because it is ruining my life. I am a 53 year old woman who developed an under active thyroid, yet despite feeling ill with it and piling on weight my doctor chose not to treat me until I could no longer keep my eyes open to do a days work. Ten years later and ten stone heavier, I eventually received treatment but could not shift the weight. I developed more health problems and these have been exacerbated by my weight. I can no longer work and I am confined to the house unless someone is kind enough to take me out in their car. As my life has closed down I turned more and more to the only comfort that I could easily reach, FOOD! Recently I visited a cafe with a friend and managed to just fit my huge backside in the chair. When we got up to leave the chair just came with me, I was stuck fast, my friend had to prise it from my enormous behind. The whole place was laughing, I laughed too, making jokes about my massive behind but inside my heart was breaking. It had one good effect though, I found MFP and joined up and whilst I know it will not be easy and some days I am going to struggle I am absolutely determined to lose all of this ugly body fat for good and restart what is left of my life. If you need a buddy, I am going to be around for a long time, so I will be able to offer my support. No pressure, it's up to you but whatever you decide I wish you all the best in your quest. Good luck.
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I am from the UK and I am 44. I have about 35 lb's to lose maybe not much to some but a lot to me, and I think no matter how much you have to lose it can help coming on here and reading about other peoples journeys. I am sure that we can motivate each other and help each other along the way.
    :smile:
  • lindopski
    lindopski Posts: 4
    Options
    We can all assist each other, especially with temptation avoidance - its so easy to think ahh just one Indian takeaway then baulk at the 3000+ calories it contained :D

So far today I have been great, not had enough water to be honest so I am going to grab a few cups shortly but food wise I am coping fine and I am not hungry at all, probably because I am actually eating regularly for a change rather than crap at midnight.

I am going to try and catch Morries before it closes tonight after college (9pm) and grab some more fruit and some bottled water or flavoured waters to take to work. I have bought Pepsi max the last couple of days which is fine but I may as well get some bulk buy deals and save £1.50 a bottle at work.
    Plus I only have 1 banana and 1 peach left - yoiks!!

I am not sure what to have for Dinner tonight, though I may have something light and leave some cals for a yoghurt and some fruit after college. Ill probably be in bed by 11 as I didn't sleep properly yesterday.
  • harley1968
    Options
    I never seem to think of all the calories that are in food, which is so bad. But I have now decided the time is right to lose some weight and I am sure between us all we can offer encouragement, advice and support where needed.

Like you I never drink enough water, but today I have brought a bottle of water to work and my goal is to drink that and refill it again for later, hopefully that will be enough water for the day?? I do usually have a couple of cups of black coffee (no sugar) so I am guessing that will also help.

It's so hard sometimes to know what to eat that will fill you up, but I think if you still have a small treat now and it again it won't hurt plus it won't feel like you are on a 'diet'. But I always find that porridge is a good way to start the day as that does help keep you fuller for longer and adding a banana also helps :smile:
  • lindopski
    lindopski Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey I didnt think about Porridge, and whats even more dumb is that I have some at home :D
    I carried on being good yesterday, got in from college after going to Morries and felt peckish (I was really good in Morries - avoided any isles with naughties on).
    As I felt a bit hungry I had two rounds of wholemeal toast and two fried eggs, lovely and the whole lot only come to about 300 odd calories so I was chuffed.
    My total for yesterday ended up at 1600 odd so I am happy, plus not lethargic like I was on 800 cals the day before.

My Fitness pal recommends at my size to eat 2100 odd a day but I aim to keep as close to 1500 as I can to be honest, get my head around healthy eating for life.
    Water is great on a diet you know, I notice that when I drink loads of water I lose loads of weight - I know its annoying wanting to go for a pee every hour or so but it does work wonders.
    I lost 8 stone when I was younger and I was drinking lots of water then as well (2-3 litres a day).

anyway today is upon us folks, good luck and keep up the fight.
  • harley1968
    Options
    Hello, I just have the Quakers ready made porridge, well it's in a pack and you just add milk and microwave, so easy and so tasty. I find also adding dried fruit to it like raisins is very good and very filling.

Well done for avoiding all the naughty isles in the supermarket, it's always best to go shopping when you are not hungry as that is when I would fill up on 'bad' things lol

I am at the moment trying to stick to the 1200 calories that MFP has allocated me, but I suppose once I get back to the gym I should be allowed it up it a little.

I never drink enough water, but have decided I need to, and yes going to the toilet every hour can be annoying but if it is helping from the inside out then I will carry on with it.

Well done for losing 8 stone, wow that is amazing and you know yif you did it once you can do it again :smile:

Good luck for another good day