Yay!! Eating Less, By Choice!

Options
I have always been a bulk eater -- usually I add extra veggies like mushrooms, peppers and onions, green beans to any packaged meal I prepare, I haven't been doing it too much lately. Tonight I made a P.F.Chang's Sweet and Sour Chicken (2 servings per package) and a Knorr's Butter and Garlic Rice (2.5 servings per package). I split it in two between SO and myself figuring I had enough calories I could manage the extra rice (1/2 of the .5 serving). Did not add anything else to bulk it up. It was piping hot, so I figured I'd eat it nice and slow, taking small bites. Got half-way through - and I noticed I was getting full - and I stopped eating. That is a MAJOR accomplishment for me. Will I get hungry later? Well, I've got two snacks left so I should be all set.

Making so many changes that have been helping. Planning meals, using smaller dinner plates, eating slowly, drinking water, etc. They have become habits, and they are paying off.

It's a matter of going with the flow, instead of fighting it. :bigsmile:

Next step -- cutting back on the packaged foods and prepare my own meals.

Replies

• genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    Awesome! That's always been my downfall, eating fast and feeling compelled to clear the plate. Be proud of that, I've been working on portion control and I'm still not at a point where I see food on my plate and want to stop.
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I feel really great when I recognize the feeling of being full and stop eating. It's like an "ah-ha" moment.