Netflix or Hulu?

MizTerry
MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
I know, totally off topic on a lifestyle change site, but I'm wondering which is better.

Replies

• RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    PirateBay, by a landslide.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Both. Netflix for movies, Hulu for TV shows. Or use the network's apps to stream shows.

Pirate Bay or Kick-*kitten* Torrents for the ones not available or when you can't stream.

Cut the cable.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    We have both. I like hulu, hubby likes netflix.
  • Karentrobe
    Karentrobe Posts: 33 Member
    we have both and considering cuting the cable too
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    We have both. We use netflix much more though.

The thing I hate about hulu is it's usually on the current season of shows we like, it's missing a ton of shows we love and many are web only, so we can't watch with our PS3.
  • MizTerry
    We currently have Netflix, but I didn't know if Hulu is better.
    I've never heard of PirateBay.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    We have both, along with Amazon Prime. We got rid of satellite last year. I honestly haven't missed it.

Right now, I spend $22 per month for the 3 (Amazon Prime is $72/year, lots of included movies and tv shows and free 2 day shipping on lots of stuff as well) compared to $85 per month for satellite. Totally worth it!
  • purpleroses1021
    purpleroses1021 Posts: 46 Member
    Netflix for me. For the Hulu people could you please explain why I would pay for Hulu plus? I'm honestly curious because I can't see why I would pay and still have comercials? I'm willing to wait since I typically watch on Netflix which is about 2 seasons behind the current shows.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Netflix if you watch move movies, Hulu if you watch more TV.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Netflix doesn't have any NEWer movies. I have Netflix for my kids and the Red Box for me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Netflix for me. For the Hulu people could you please explain why I would pay for Hulu plus? I'm honestly curious because I can't see why I would pay and still have comercials? I'm willing to wait since I typically watch on Netflix which is about 2 seasons behind the current shows.

Some things are on Hulu Plus that aren't on regular Hulu.
  • I have both. Hulu is better if you want to watch current seasons of TV. I don't have cable and most channels don't even come in on my television with my crappy antenna, so I just watch shows on Hulu the day after they air. Or sometimes I watch whole seasons if I have nothing better to do. But Netflix also has lots of TV, just a season or two behind. And also movies. So like, I dunno, I like them both. If I had to choose... I would probably pick Hulu because I like to stay up-to-date with my shows. But that's the only reason.
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Both then cut cable
  • MizTerry
    Well, we cut cable a while back and have only been using Netflix.
    Thanks for your input.
  • My wife watches really stupid TV shows. I mean, VERY stupid. That being said, I am trying to avoid Hulu being in my house because I firmly believe the quantity of very stupid shows watched in my house will rise dramatically.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    I hulu. It's free as long as I keep up. I'm a cheap *kitten* *kitten*!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    I haven't had cable (or satellite, etc) since 2003. We have Netflix and Prime, use both mainly with the xbox. I'm still waiting for Amazon's people to discover the concept of buffering though.
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Netflix and torrents!
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Do both Netflix and Hulu Plus and cut cable! Thats what we do! Hulu Plus still has commercials, but there are fewer and they are only about a min long.
  • michele2377
    michele2377 Posts: 50 Member
    We have the Roku streamer and through it we mainly watch netflix, amazon prime, HBO go and blockbuster express. With the roku however there are so many no name apps out there that we've checked out also . B list horror movies, those cheesey drive in sci fi movies, work out channels, food channels. Its pretty awesome.