Wanted: New friends!!! :D

Options
aj7x
aj7x Posts: 84 Member
Hey guys,

I'm Allie. I posted my story awhile ago but I wanted to do it again because I am interested in making new friends!

Basically, I moved to Europe 8 months ago. Alone. I was 22 years old. At first I found it very difficult to set my self up in a new country, a new language, where I didn't know ANYBODY. This was very difficult for me considering I am a very social person and I was very lonely. So I turned to food and comfort eating.

Now I am very happy here, I found my niche and made great friends!! I even just signed a contract to continue working here for another year! However, the comfort eating did not stop. Quite frankly, I was eating as if I was on vacation... for 8 months. I mean, new culture = new food, but I took it to the extreme.

Almost 2 months ago I started using MFP and I am starting to feel comfortable in my skin again. I realized I had to stop eating like I was on vacation and the reason is simple; because I'm not. I am just living my life in another country. That is all. I have even been jogging! (Which I have never done in my life). I am done 7 pounds but I am still not where I was when I left home. I will be going back home in 2 weeks to the United States and I don't want people's reactions to just be about my weight gain. So I would like to make some new friends here to keep me motivated during the last 2 week stretch and to keep me on track when I go home for the summer. I promise to do the same with all my new friends!

Thanks for listening,
Allie

Replies

• Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me! I think it's amazing you were able to move to another country by yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • jkeir7
    jkeir7 Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow you're an inspiration! I just started yesterday and hope to have success like yourself; even though slow, it's realistic; good for you! Add me up i'm a loner on here haha
  • jenniferdeer
    jenniferdeer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    good for you ! I too moved to a different country with a language I don't speak. I'm much older though lol.
    keep up the good work and feel free to add me too :)
  • dgillum72
    dgillum72 Posts: 8
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Keep up staying active along with your healthy eating and you will do great.
  • lishaalexis
    lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like. Keep up the hard work and you will see the results
  • jamielea1979
    Options
    Feel free to add me. i am a mom of three trying to get back to my old body that i had years ago and i need all kinds of support and encouragement too

21929198.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • T110841
    T110841 Posts: 1
    Options
    Please feel free to add me...I too, need all the encouragement I can get...
  • kiwinicola
    kiwinicola Posts: 19
    Options
    anyone is free to add me :))
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Added, and anyone is free to add me. The more the merrier!
  • Chloe_Daniels09
    Chloe_Daniels09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you! Especially on the moving to Europe part! That's hard to do by yourself. I added you!
  • liddienicole
    liddienicole Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Well done on the weight loss so far, that's fab, how long did it take you to lose that ? I started this site a few days ago, haven't got any friends here yet apart from my boyfriend who is losing weight too lol. So feel free to add me anyone. I'm finding it addictive already!
  • sigalsirkin
    sigalsirkin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am about 2 weeks new to myfitnesspal. I can now say I am a runner and planning a half marathon in the fall. I have no friends, so please add me and we can help motivate each other. Moving countries is certainly a tough adjustment. You are doing great. The first step is to realize that you are overeating. That is a big step in the right direction. Good luck with your journey.:smile:
  • themtron
    themtron Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Definitely feel free to ad me! While I have friends on MFP, they're sadly unmotivating, despite me trying to motivate and lead by example. I need some friends that will cheer me on like I cheer them!
  • tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    anyone can feel free to add me, im on here daily and will vow to post rousing quips for any motivational moments :O
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You can all add me! I have about 30lbs to lose and having friends is keeping me motivated. Together it can be done!
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    That's amazing - you're brave and I'm sure that you're having a great time, too :happy: Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • mirragordon
    Options
    I totally understand what you are going thorugh. I just moved to Ecuador over Christmas! the food here is amazing!!! Friend request sent! keep up the good work!
  • healthyandhappy81
    healthyandhappy81 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • cseale2
    cseale2 Posts: 5
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am also seeking new friends, motivation and encouragement!
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you wish!! I am motivated to kick *kitten*!