I'm Jenn. I'm NEW. I would love me some friends :)

Options
Let's motivate each other!
I'm starting school again in the fall this year, and DO NOT want to get off track.
I'm trying to create good habits now and keep them when I get crazy busyyyy.
Just started this thing yesterday and realized how much sugar I eat. I knew I had a sweet tooth but OMG.
SO in efforts to kick sugar to the curb, I'm having a cup of green tea instead of my morning regular coffee.
Now this will take some getting used to! haha

Replies

• Fabulous_Fit
    Options
    I would love to be friends! Send a request ;)
  • tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    friend request sent, welcome to the MFP family, anyone can feel free to add me for motivational inspiration AKA: "kick up the A**"
  • dru8376
    dru8376 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sending request =)
  • Chloe_Daniels09
    Chloe_Daniels09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sending request! Anyone else who needs motivation please add me! Cause I could sure use it :)
  • Thoth8
    Thoth8 Posts: 107
    Options
    yup, sugar takes all the blame for my weight loss issues too. i read a magazine article where it was actually depicted as having similar characteristics to drugs (regarding its effects on the brain) adding
  • healthyandhappy81
    healthyandhappy81 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    welcome, feel free to add me
  • sparkles9779
    sparkles9779 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am new as well. please feel free to add me if you would like, anyone else :)
  • ThomasDomen
    ThomasDomen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sugar really adds up! I've been using MFP for about a week, and it's been great! I stay away from all soda and juice, but now I know just how much 45 grams of sugar means to my daily total - aside from the fact that any sugar coming from soda is garbage. The friend request being sent, gonna have 100 committed friends that I can keep up with! I don't like that I don't have a pic, but that should be up by the end of the weekend.
  • toherlimit
    toherlimit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Definitely friend requesting you! Sounds like we're in similar boats - I'm trying to jump start my new lifestyle this summer before the fall semester & I just joined a few days ago and realized that I have a major sugar problem too! We can work on it together. :)
  • jiggasprincess
    Options
    Hi! Congrats & good luck!! I've been on & off again on this site... I had Gestational Diabetes during my pregnancy, Just gave birth in January... Girl, my sugar craving during pregnancy was insane! Other than being pregnant, I don't crave the sweets... it was so annoying! I tried to keep track of my sugar intake on here when I ws about 5-6mos pregnant and I just couldn't take it anymore, LOL.... All this healthy stuff I thought was good for me, wasn't. Like fruits, apples and things! So I stuck w string cheese n crackers as snacks... It's still hard, but I'm trying! I wish you well :-):smile:
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Adding you! Anyone else can to! This is so much more doable with folks to motivate you!
  • SmurphyKU
    SmurphyKU Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This place is seriously the best for motivation. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • MissBebe86
    MissBebe86 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am relatively new as well. Tried the site for a few days last year to compare with WW. I'm quitting WW and going with MFP now. I could use some motivation too. Sending you a friend request. :)
  • mirragordon
    Options
    Welcome! I am in my first week! it is amazing what you learn you have been eating!
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I feel the same about my sugar! I didn't realize how bad it was until I started logging.. still working on making everyday better! Feel free to add me.
  • HardyMichelle
    HardyMichelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I had the same thought when I joined. I was drinking two or three coffees a day (I work in an office) and I was adding four or five creamers to my coffee. At 50 calories a pop....Well....

Feel free to add me! I'm on every day!
    That goes for anyone!
  • jkeir7
    jkeir7 Posts: 5
    Options
    definately believe that! haha it's just amazing. I feel like the afternoon and after dinner are the worst culprates for the cravings. It's like you want that cupcake so bad, but you know you really don't want it; but you eat it anyway. You're happy for 3 seconds while eating it and then wish you hadn't right after. HORRIBLE cycle!!! lol
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sending a request - motivation from others really helps in the weight loss genre lol....I cannot have a lot of sugar either. If I eat sugar (candy or whatever) even staying within my calories my weight loss slows down.

Anyone can add me - I motivate and check in on you when you haven't logged in.
  • krhodem
    krhodem Posts: 17
    Options
    Green tea is a great idea! It might take a little bit to get use to but my hubby has replaced one of his cups of coffee a day with green tea and says he feels much more energized. I'm a fan of the sugar too but I find tracking it helps me keep it in check a lot. Some days, I'm amazed at how much sugar I intake. Feel free to add me too!
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just got back into MFP too! Anyone else can feel free to add me too for motivation as well! :)