17 lbs down .. 30 days .. Face Comparison

Options
Nicolette04
Nicolette04 Posts: 82 Member
I joined MFP a couple of months ago and didn't really do anything about it. Last month I hit my breaking point. I have never really tried to lose weight before, no diets, no exercise. I am a person who doesn't start things that I don't believe I will finish (bad quality..I know). I was so tired all the time, unhappy with my appearance, and then I received a MFP friend request from a Facebook friend and I was like "I Can Do This!" :) So I bought a scale (wow, was not expecting that number!!) and started logging on April 21,2013. I have a large goal (115 lb total loss) but watching the numbers drop this past month has motivated me, I know this will happen. First day exercising was pathetic ... 10 minutes on the elliptical and I couldn't go on. But I kept doing something everyday, whether it was the elliptical or going for a walk or hike. Now I can do 20 min on the elliptical (I hate that machine...but it was a free gift ... a very appreciated free gift), and I have started jump roping (WoW that is hard...but way more fun than the elliptical!) and doing some at home strength training. I eat at a caloric deficiency and when I go over, which is less and less often, I don't allow my self to be discouraged, I refuse to give up!

So I am 30 days in and 17 lbs down!! Started at 260 and weighed in this morning at 243. I feel so much more energetic, I actually enjoy going outside to play with my son (before I would have to force my self to get involved with any activity, but know I'm like the kid .. "let's go play..." haha). My bible study friends have started to notice a difference and their comments are so encouraging. I have a long way to go but "let's do this."

30DayFaceCompare_zps43f41f79.jpg

41144800.png

*If any one knows how to resize a picture, let me know, because I have no idea* :)

Replies

• MissChrissySunshine
    MissChrissySunshine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I admire your willpower! Keep it up - you look awesome.
  • kasslass2
    kasslass2 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I can really see a difference! Great job!
  • tarac98
    tarac98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    great job....A TOTALLY BIG difference! You should be really proud. When I started out, I could only do 5-10 minutes on the elliptical.....now I can go well over an hour! you look great and keep at it...you'll be at your goal in no time!
  • inchez20
    inchez20 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!
  • Nicolette04
    Options
    Thank you guys!
  • mizzfet
    mizzfet Posts: 15
    Options
    Great dedication! Keep up the great work you are doing, you will reach your goal and enjoy your new lifestyle change!!
  • blondiecon
    blondiecon Posts: 13
    Options
    Good job!!!!
  • beanmi73
    beanmi73 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! Keep going, you're doing so good! I'm sure that your son appreciates your newfound energy!
  • mdorte42
    mdorte42 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great Job!
  • Nicolette04
    Options
    That's so awesome! Keep going, you're doing so good! I'm sure that your son appreciates your newfound energy!

Ohh..He does!! Just taking a walk with him so he could ride his bike was hard on me, now it's no longer "go ride your bike in the drive, but "get ready to race" haha!!
  • Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It can be so hard to get started- I've had some false starts myself. That's an amazing loss for your first 30- keep after it, be consistent, and you'll reach your goal!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You can really tell a difference, keep it up!
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Keep up the great work!!
  • ThinVee
    ThinVee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration - I needed it today! :)
  • Nicolette04
    Options
    Wow that is so awesome!!!!! What did you do to lose 30lbs in 1 month?

Thank You. It is 17 lbs, not 30 but I am eating 1500 calories a day, try to exercise 6 days a week. I usually eat most of burned calories back ( I use a heart rate monitor, because I feel that MFP estimates to high, and HRM's use more information for better accuracy), unless I am not hungry. A minimum of 20 minutes cardio a day (whether jump roping, the elliptical, or a vigorous walk) and 15-20 minutes of strength training a day (which I know will slow the scale progress..but not the inches). I do my arms on Mondays, my legs and butt on Tuesdays, my Abs and Core on Wednesdays, Thursdays I rest from strength (but not cardio), Fridays and Saturdays I do a full body strength routine. I use 10lb dumbbells, and have researched some at home exercises. I am trying to up my workouts as I get into better shape.

Fighting my boredom snacking was the hardest habit to break, I would eat compulsively at night. I save some extra calories for that time, but I am getting better and better resisting the urge lol
  • TotalTory
    TotalTory Posts: 59
    Options
    You are doing awesome! Keep it up. Great success.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!