PLEASE HELP ME SET MY CALORIE GOALS

Options
I CALCULATED MY TDEE AND BMR USING A FEW DIFFERENT SITES AND MFP SUGGESTIONS. CAN YOU HELP ME DECIDE WHICH WAY TO GO. I HAVE LOST SOME WEIGHT SINCE THE LAST TIME I RESET MY CAL GOALS.

FITNESSFROG.COM BMR-1690 TDEE-2620
IIFYM.COM-BMR-1697 TDEE-2716
SCOOBYSWORKSHOP.COM BMR-1689, SET GOAL TO LOSE FAT, GAIN MUSCLE AND TDEE MAINTAIN WEIGHT AND TDEE TO REACH GOAL (GAIN MUSCLE, LOSE WEIGHT) ARE BOTH 2619
THEFITGIRLS.COM-BMR-1690 TDEE-2620

MFP SUGGESTED-I PUT IN MY ACTIVITY AS SEDENTARY B/C I'M SITTING BESIDES MY WORKOUT. IT SUGGESTED 1540 TO LOSE 1 POUND PER WEEK.
5 DAYS A WEEK I'M EITHER ON THE TREADMILL UPHILL FOR 30 MINUTES OR DOING A JILLIAN VIDEO. ON THE WEEKENDS, I DO 40 MINUTES ELLIPTICAL AND SOME WEIGHTS. CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME DECIDE HOW TO SET MY CALORIE GOALS HERE.

Replies

• Reeceybaby1988
    Options
    i cant actually read this, makes my eyes hurt....

caps lock broken?
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I would eat 1700-1800 calories plus your exercise calories.
  • xoxsashaxox
    xoxsashaxox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For a women i would say 1400 a day and you will lose 1-2 pounds per week. It really has a lot to do with you height as well but generally thats what i would do. Im 5'5 and started at about 139 and now im 124 and i eat 1400 calories a day. I find a lot of people actually overestimate how much a women needs to eat. If you work out though and burn 100 calories, feel free to indulge in 100 calories extra that day. If you were sedentary all day and did not work out i would say 1400 would be perfect because your body doesnt require the extra calories for physical activity.
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Start with a calorie goal of 2100 (TDEE of 2620 - 20%), which would also result in a 500 Calorie deficit and 1lb weight loss per week. Try that first, and then adjust from there after 4-6 weeks if you don't see any loss.
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    For a women i would say 1400 a day and you will lose 1-2 pounds per week. It really has a lot to do with you height as well but generally thats what i would do. Im 5'5 and started at about 139 and now im 124 and i eat 1400 calories a day. I find a lot of people actually overestimate how much a women needs to eat. If you work out though and burn 100 calories, feel free to indulge in 100 calories extra that day. If you were sedentary all day and did not work out i would say 1400 would be perfect because your body doesnt require the extra calories for physical activity.

Height 5'5
    Start Weight 224 LB
    Current Weight 194-195 LB

And I usually try not to eat my exercise cals.
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    If you do the TDEE method, then you wouldn't eat back exercise calories. TDEE already accounts for that. However, if you chose the MFP method and set yourself at 1500-1600, then you need to eat your exercise calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    1. Use MFP number 1540 and log in exercise calories .... eat those calories back also. MFP does not give you credit for exercise until you do it (another MFP method .... choose a higher activity level and don't log exercise).

2. OR use TDEE method (including exercise) ..... don't log exercise because it's already included

In choosing your method .....

Will eating different calorie amounts on different days bother you ? ..... Cardio days will be higher. For TDEE method you will eat the same number of calories everyday.

Will logging exercise (knowing that MFP & machines exaggerate calorie burns) bother you? You can adjust to a percentage.

Will logging exercise everyday help you stay on track?

The 2 methods are about how you see yourself using MFP.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    On scoobie you have to choose one of the options for percentage loss, only when you are close to the goal weight you should choose lose fat gain muscle. I changed it to 25%, 3-5hours exercise and gives 1960 calories.
    I would custom set your calories at mfp to 1820. Stay around that area and do not eat back your exercise calories. When you log the exerices in mfp in order to track them, log them as calories burnt 1, so the website will not add extra calories or change the macros fro that day. Concentrate on eating clean, and on your exercise workouts. Incorporate fruits and vegetables in your diet, cut sodas, the creamer, and remain vigilante on your exercise. Lettuce and green salad is extremely low in calories but fills you up, so eat it with the chicken and drizzle 1 tb olive oil, lemon and vinegar. Garlic seasoning salt adds flavor on everything.
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have used the suggested levels from MFP and as long as I stay within calories and exercise, I loose. MFP has worked for me!
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    Another thing is I'm not sure how to set my exercise calorie burn goals. And also, should I ignore the projected weightloss thing MFP is giving? Cuz it's REALLY low but that may be cuz I don't know what to set calorie burn goals to.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Another thing is I'm not sure how to set my exercise calorie burn goals. And also, should I ignore the projected weightloss thing MFP is giving? Cuz it's REALLY low but that may be cuz I don't know what to set calorie burn goals to.

If you do TDEE that includes the exercise, go in goals, custom, and set the net calories consumed to whatever you decide. It does not matter anything else, unless you want to change the protein/fat/carbs. Ignore everything else in that page, including the calories burnt. Then, when you exercise everyday, in the exercise log, put the time exercised but change the calories burnt for that exercise to 1.Ignore the mfp projected loss.
  • ekmanning50
    ekmanning50 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I Am following what MFP suggests and I will have to wait and see if it is right for me. I imagine you might have to adjust for each individual and metabolism since we are all different.
  • MeIShouldB
    Options

If you do TDEE that includes the exercise, go in goals, custom, and set the net calories consumed to whatever you decide. It does not matter anything else, unless you want to change the protein/fat/carbs. Ignore everything else in that page, including the calories burnt. Then, when you exercise everyday, in the exercise log, put the time exercised but change the calories burnt for that exercise to 1.Ignore the mfp projected loss.

That helps a ton. Thanks.
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    I Am following what MFP suggests and I will have to wait and see if it is right for me. I imagine you might have to adjust for each individual and metabolism since we are all different.

I used the MFP goals for awhile until it tried to drop me all the way to 1200 really suddenly.
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Use the MFP calculator. Set your activity levels to the lowest possible setting and tell it you want to lose 1-1.5lb per week (more than that isn't considered healthy and can lead to saggy skin problems etc.). Then go with what MFP tells you to eat, BUT enter any exercise you do and eat back most, if not all of those calories as well.