KIDNAPPED and TORNADO

Options
nabak147112
nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
so much has happened just since yesterday..of course the horrible tornadoes in oklahoma. and then i have a friend whos sister is good friends with a family that lives just minutes away from me had their daughter and a friend kidnapped from a bus stop,they were ages 12 and 15,they were zip ties and taken to a hog farm and somehow the 12 yr old got away and was able to get to a farm house and called 911, and taken to the hospital to be checked out and shes ok thank god,but the 15 year old is still missing. they have found the truck with blood in it and they found the guy which had ended up hanging himself so they are unable to get any answers from him.but they are still looking for the 15 year old. sending lots of prayers to everyone.

Replies

• crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath.
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Was she kidnapped by the tornado?
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    KIDNAPPED and TORNADO and PUNCTUATION

It really wasn't bad enough to ignore the story and comment that...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear it. Hopefully they find the girl alive. Is there a news story we can read about it online?
  • My3Sons1051
    My3Sons1051 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am from northeast Oklahoma, and from what I hear on the news and radio stations the death toll is at 91 from the tornado yesterday in Moore, Ok. Many were children at one of the two elementary schools that got hit. One school everyone was alive and with only minor injuries. the other was not so lucky. They are now in "recovery" efforts (looking for the dead). If anyone want to help out the red cross is taking donations via text... Just text "Red Cross" to 90999 and they will get a $10 donation that will be added to your bill... you can do it up to 10 times. And as always prayers and thoughts to the families that are affected by this tragedy. Thanks!

Editing...
    The death toll is officially 24... apparently people got counted more than once. But they are still trying to recover the bodies of the missing children.
  • My3Sons1051
    My3Sons1051 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am also praying that they find the 15 yr old girl alive and well.... such a sad day all around :cry:
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options

And this makes sense how? Some people....maybe some sensitivity to the situation! If it were your kids you'd be singing a different tune.
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Prayers. So sad! Happy for 12year old.
  • nabak147112
    Options
  • TorrizzleWillSizzle
    TorrizzleWillSizzle Posts: 119 Member
    Options

And this makes sense how? Some people....maybe some sensitivity to the situation! If it were your kids you'd be singing a different tune.

I agree! Its pathetic that we have people more concerned with cracking jokes and being smart a$$e$ than we have actually giving a damn about a disaster torn area! Show some respect! I it were anyone you knew you wouldn't be such a jerk about it!
  • nabak147112
    Options

I agree! Its pathetic that we have people more concerned with cracking jokes and being smart a$$e$ than we have actually giving a damn about a disaster torn area! Show some respect! I it were anyone you knew you wouldn't be such a jerk about it!
    exactly,and then come to find out my daughters best friend goes to school with these girls.just hoping they find her alive.and the thing is,is that is was a small town that it happened in and the guy was actually in a town and had been seen driving around earlier that day (yesterday)
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Ummmm....yeah, this isn't really a topic to joke about. Your attempt at humor is lost on me.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear it. Hopefully they find the girl alive. Is there a news story we can read about it online?

I'd be interested in that too.
  • nabak147112
    Options
    yes i posted the most recent link from the news station..theres many going around tho. http://whotv.com/2013/05/20/developing-story-two-girls-kidnapped/
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I hope they find the missing girl.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    yes i posted the most recent link from the news station..theres many going around tho. http://whotv.com/2013/05/20/developing-story-two-girls-kidnapped/

Thanks, sorry I didn't see that.
    I hope they find the missing girl, with any luck she also escaped.
  • nabak147112
    Options
    they just had a news conference and still nothing but the guy was 42 years old and they have now expanded their search
  • nabak147112
    Options
    this was just released bout the abductor from back in 1992----1992 news story ... CHARLES CITY (AP) – Floyd County Attorney Karl Horn says one of the girls kidnapped in Charles City last month may have been choked by her abductor. Horn said Wednesday medical examination in Northwood and Mason City indicated Brittney Koster had been choked. Michael J. Klunder, 20, of Charles City is accused of abducting Koster and Trisha Schmitt, both 3, on December 15, while they were playing outside the apartments on the south side of town. Klunder lived in the apartment complex. The girls were found about two hours later in a trash container near Northwood, 50 miles away. Klunder is to be arraigned Tuesday in Floyd County District Court on charges of first-degree kidnapping and false imprisonment. Also on Tuesday, he will be arraigned in Cerro Gordo County District Court on charges of third-degree kidnapping and assault with intent to commit sexual abuse. Those charges stem from a Dec. 15 incident in which Klunder stopped a 21-year-old Rudd woman west of Nora Springs, then allegedly assaulted her and forced her into his car, the Cerro Gorder County Sheriff's Department said. Klunder is being held in the Floyd County Jail on $1 million bond.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    so much has happened just since yesterday..of course the horrible tornadoes in oklahoma. and then i have a friend whos sister is good friends with a family that lives just minutes away from me had their daughter and a friend kidnapped from a bus stop,they were ages 12 and 15,they were zip ties and taken to a hog farm and somehow the 12 yr old got away and was able to get to a farm house and called 911, and taken to the hospital to be checked out and shes ok thank god,but the 15 year old is still missing. they have found the truck with blood in it and they found the guy which had ended up hanging himself so they are unable to get any answers from him.but they are still looking for the 15 year old. sending lots of prayers to everyone.

You must be from Iowa too? I just read about this story and it's about an hour from where I live :(