Shoes????

Options
I need a new pair of good shoes that will be good when i am doing cardio (Turbo Fire) and i want a good comfortable shoe that will stay on good and last a long time!
any suggestions?

Replies

• sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Asics are fantastic. I bought a pair last month and I absolutely love them. Some are rather pricey but if you do a lot of shopping around you can find them at pretty reasonable prices, and they're definitely worth it
  • olivia39
    olivia39 Posts: 14
    Options
    New balance would be a great brand to start with. They have great running shoes and last long.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Brooks are my favorite! Look for sales or at Marshalls, TJmaxx, DSW type places for good deals. They are amazingly cushiony and light!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I would go to a sporting shoe place and have them fit you and find the right shoe, if you are going to be exercising if you dont have the right support it could lead to injury.
  • 25daniow
    25daniow Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have had every shoe from NIke to New Balance and I have to say my favorite shoes for working out are Asics. They are the most comfortable for me and provide good support. I like the Asics Gel line but they are a bit more pricey but definitely worth it!!!! Good Luck:)
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Try using a website like this one at Runner's World:
    http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/whichshoe/1,,s6-240-325-329-0-0-0-0-0,00.html

Even if you don't end up buying one of their shoes, it helps you identify your individual needs for a sneaker. I used to have this splitting pain every so often in the bridge of my foot when I ran. I hurt for a second when it happened but never really disrupted my workout. When I bought new running shoes last year I used this site and found out that I was an "overpronator". I bought shoes from a different site that were cheaper, but they were still meant to correct overpronating. Haven't had any pain since!! I was shocked that the way I twisted my foot was causing that pain and that a specific sneaker could solve it. They also have all sorts of sneakers out there now that can improve the efficiency of your workout.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    i love my under armour shoes...I'll never go back to another brand. But it all depends on what is comfortable for you, and I second the comments about making sure you have the right kind of support. If you buy running shoes and you end doing more cross training you could injury yourself. I have two pairs, one for running and one for other cardio.
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    New balance would be a great brand to start with. They have great running shoes and last long.

I just bought some and they are fantastic, light and comfortable!
  • ladytap
    ladytap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Under Armour shoes are my favorite. I've been wearing them for over a year and it's all I'll ever workout in...I'm in love with them :)
  • 40togowoah
    Options
    Asics! best support and cushioning
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I would go to a sporting shoe place and have them fit you and find the right shoe, if you are going to be exercising if you dont have the right support it could lead to injury.

Ditto. Before, I used to buy shoes based on the look of it. I had no idea what type of shoe I really need until I went to a place and took a walk test and got fitted for good shoes. I didn't know I was an overpronator and needed shoes specifically to support my arches! Because I never thought to get proper shoes, I suffered a lot of shin splints, sore legs, sore feet, etc.

I ended up with extra support and stability-geared Asics.
  • girlmeetsworld93
    Options
    I'm a huge tennis shoe junkie and I really recommend Pumas. I have three pairs of their Voltaic line - && I love them! Also I'm a huge Nike fan, and their Free line is really good for running and stretching, even though they are kind of ugly!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I have worn several different brands and styles and I love Asics I can always go back to an asics and know that whatever I pick is going to feel great.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Whatever you get, make SURE you're getting a proper shoe for the fitness program. A running shoe would not be a good choice for Turbo Fire because the cushioning isn't in the right places. You need a cross-trainer type shoe. My favorite, which may not work for you, is the Saucony Grid Virtue. It's the only trainer that Saucony makes. It's very light, has excellent cushioning in the heel and toe (key for the plyometric jumping), and good lateral (side to side) support and stability. I've also had good luck with Asics in the past.