Mini Blizzard!

Options
I haven't tried them yet, but apparently DQ just came out with a mini blizzard. They're 7oz compared to a 12 oz small. I for one even with a small blizzard end and think - why did I eat all that? It was way too much. Maybe these will be the perfect size? Looks like about 300 cals depending on the mix in - still quite a bit, but come on really - are you going to skip DQ for the rest of your life? I didn't think so! And if you had a small it would be closer to 600 cals so comparatively 300 is not bad. Plus, I am cheap and never want to pay so much for blizzards that I know I will resent eating - these supposedly start around $1.99.

Anyway, it's going to be 110 here today in Tennessee, so I am very excited about some ice cream :)

Replies

• Vanessa1977
    Options
    And I thought I was too hot here in Maine with the humidity, good lord, good luck managing through the heat, and enjoy a mini blizzard.
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Ugh, its about 105 in Missouri. There's a DQ less than a mile from my house, so its nice to know that I might be able to treat myself to something mini! Maybe I should walk there... but not in this heat!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I think people shouldn't completely change their diet - just consume it in smaller portions! =)

I think mini blizzards would be great on free days!
  • MandykinsK1980
    Options
    Dairy Queen has quite a few ice cream ideas with low calories!!!

Stars & Stripes™ StarKiss® Bar 80 cal
    Cherry StarKiss Bar 80 cal
    DQ Vanilla Orange Bar, no sugar added 60 cal
    DQ Fudge Bar, no sugar added 50 cal

I have tried the fudge bar and its actually pretty good!!!! :wink:
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    OMG! YUMMY!!! Nothing and I mean NOTHING compares to a DQ Blizzard! not Sonic, not Mickey's Ds, NOTHING!!!! Wow.... will have to try that (on a workout day of course!). Thanks for sharing -- I usually only get the ones with fruit --like the tropical or the Hawaiian --- I stay away from the candy add ins. Can't wait to look for this ;-)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Mmm, this is a great idea! Thanks for letting us know. I usually go with the small and share with my kids anyway. I might as well get a mini and get them their own kiddie sundae.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting a blizzard for WEEKS! It's hotter then HOT here in Texas and have wanted one so bad but haven't wanted to use my calories for it. I saw a commercial for this and think I might just have to go try out one of those mini ones. I could of got a small and only ate half, but lets face it, I know I don't have that kind of control quite yet! Very excited about this!
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am SOOO excited about the Mini Blizzard! I hope this is the start of a trend in smaller portions! And now my kids don't have to share and they can have a reasonable portion on their own! Way to go DQ!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm that sounds so good right now! It is 100 degrees and 120 with the heat index!!! I have not heard of them here yet. Are they out already?
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    That's great! I always was ill after even a small DQ blizzard. 300 calories is totally fine for a snack like that. I've been getting the Jr. Frosty from Wendy's and it's 6 oz and under 200 calories. I adore Frostys and used to eat a medium one for over 600 calories without thinking about it! A kids size is fine with me when I want to indulge :D
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    man....I almost wanna skip down the hall with this news!!!! That is FREAKIN FANTASTIC and the best thing I've heard in quite a while...well except for being down 3# on Monday's weigh in. lol Thanks for the update! Hate to say it, but I'll be there. There's NO WAY I was giving up icecream forever! Maybe just cutting back and a mini blizzard will be just the trick! I'm always feeling like a round sack of potatoes after even a small, but there's no way I'm gonna waste it! Now I don't have to, I can not feel so bad when I finish, and I can save some mooolah! Hooooray for DQ!!! :drinker:
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    man....I almost wanna skip down the hall with this news!!!! That is FREAKIN FANTASTIC and the best thing I've heard in quite a while...well except for being down 3# on Monday's weigh in. lol Thanks for the update! Hate to say it, but I'll be there. There's NO WAY I was giving up icecream forever! Maybe just cutting back and a mini blizzard will be just the trick! I'm always feeling like a round sack of potatoes after even a small, but there's no way I'm gonna waste it! Now I don't have to, I can not feel so bad when I finish, and I can save some mooolah! Hooooray for DQ!!! :drinker:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm that sounds so good right now! It is 100 degrees and 120 with the heat index!!! I have not heard of them here yet. Are they out already?

Ugh! Where are you!?
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! :) We like to stop at DQ on roadtrips so it is nice to have a better option there.

I was also pleasantly surprised yesterday to find out that a CreamSlush from Sonic 350ish calories -- much less than I expected. Still not something that I can do all of the time but good for a treat (especially in this heat! Not sure where you are in TN but here the heat index has been in the 120s! Unless I want to get out at 5 am exercise is impossible!)
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Ugh! Where are you!?

we are in far southern Indiana, we border western KY. It is so hot and humid my poor daughter has asthma and can't even go outside to swim it makes it so hard to breath.
  • kitmyers
    kitmyers Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Is it sad that when I saw the commercial for the mini blizzard I called my husband to share in the joy!! I really ♥ me some blizzards. I've only had one since I started on MFP. It was a day that I had lots of calories left so I chose the one with the fewest calories (butterfinger) and enjoyed. Can't wait to try a mini!!!!
  • mrslantu2020
    mrslantu2020 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm totally pumped about this! I don't eat ice cream often, but when I do I always feel like a small is more than I can handle in one sitting! The mini will be the perfect size for me!!:happy:
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    I'm an icecream addict and this is awesome that they're offering a smaller size! I don't know how many times I've gotten a small ice cream, french fry, pop, etc and told myself I won't finish it. However, there it sits taunting me!
  • millerjk
    Options
    My kids got them on Monday night. I stuck with a strawberry sundae because I didn't know the calorie count for the mini! The sundae was still DELISH!!! I LOVE ice cream and we have an uncle that sends us DQ gift cards all the time! I can't wait to look up the calories in the mini with my favorite toppings!!!
  • andrewford
    Options
    Prior to starting my fitness program about 6 weeks ago my wife and I were hitting DQ up to 3 times a week. I had already backed down to a small from a medium, but let's face facts... that's still too much too often. Since I started working out I decided that DQ would still be ok once a week. I will now be switching down to the mini, I had a small last weekend which felt too much for me. Hope that's the sensible eating paying off ;-) I have pretty much cut out all other desserts during the week as well. Now that I am on MFP I hope to know when I have some room to indulge in a treat every so often.

BTW: Tomorrow is Miracle Treat Day! I encourage you all to use tomorrow as your free or cheat day and get you a mini blizzard. $1 or more from every Blizzard treat goes to the Children's Miracle Network.