Fave Paleo recipes.....

Options

Replies

• salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    BUMP....and someone said bacon....OMG....
  • stevembk
    stevembk Posts: 2
    Options
    I make this Spicy Sweet Potato & Cauliflower casserole every week or two

http://paleomg.com/spicy-baked-cauliflower-sweet-potatoes/
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    bump
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Bump to read at home.

I am trying to incorporate more paleo (I don't intend to ever be that strict - it won't work for me LOL but love those that can do it!)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Double-pork stuffed chicken
     4 chicken breasts
     3/4 pound ground pork
     1 shallot, finely chopped
     1/4 cup chopped parsley
     1 teaspoon black pepper
     1 teaspoon celery salt
     1/2 teaspoon allspice
     1 package of bacon
    Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
    In a skillet over medium heat, sauté pork, shallot, parsley and half of spices for 6-8 minutes until pork is just cooked, but still slightly pink.
    Flatten chicken breasts, roll up with mixture, wrap in bacon, cook for 25 minutes, then broil until bacon is crisp
    Mediterranean stuffed pork tenderloin
     1-2 pound pork tenderloin
     1 red pepper, finely chopped
     1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
     6 oz spinach
     1/4 cup chopped nuts (any kind that sounds good)
     Pitted kalamata olives
     Olive oil or butter for sautéing
     Optional: 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
    Instructions:
    Drizzle some olive oil or butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add red peppers and garlic to the pan. After a few minutes add the spinach and cook until it wilts. Remove from heat.
    Butterfly cut the pork tenderloin (cut vertically down the middle until almost through, but not quite through the pork).
    Place saran-rap over the butterflied pork and pound it as flat as you can without breaking through the pork (use a meat tenderizing hammer for best results).
    Once the pork is thin then add the ingredients from the pan on top of the pork, spreading it all over. Add the nuts, and optional feta cheese and olives.
    Gently roll the pork into a tube/roll. If you are using a smaller pork loin, or were not able to pound it very thinly, you may just be folding the loin over rather than rolling it. In this case, securing the loin with toothpicks or kitchen twine will be necessary.
    Drizzle the pork with olive oil and butter and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40-60 minutes (depending on the size of the pork roll).
    When the pork is cooked to your liking, let it cool slightly and then slice.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Shrimp stuffed eggplant - I make 4 portions - freeze them, and it makes an ideal lunch....

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/shrimp-stuffed-eggplant/

Asian cauliflower fried "rice"

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/3195098303/asian-cauliflower-fried-rice

Pretty much anything from nomnom Paleo, or theclothesmakethegirl (wellfed Paleo)
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    Thanks for the thread! I'm trying to eat a bit more on the paleo side so I love these ideas!
    PALEO BUNS great for breakfast sandwiches with eggs ham and cheese or hamburgers super east.
    1/4 c greek yogurt (plain, any degree of fat)
    4 eggs,
    1/4 coconut flour
    1/4 ground flax
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 bsp honey

Oh, I'd love to try this! One questions... do you mean 1/4 cup coconut flour and ground flax? And 1 tsp honey?

Thanks!!

THIS ONE WAS DELISH!!!!! We had a family reunion cookout at my house last weekend and I made these for my burgers! Oh my! So good! Thanks so much!
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: I do not eat Paleo, but I do like the high protein, low carb aspect of the recipes, they suit diabetic fairly well.

http://paleomg.com/leftovers-curry-meatballs/

Stop whatever you are doing because it cannot possibly be as important as making these meatballs and eating them.
  • ScattyGirl73
    ScattyGirl73 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did paleo for a bit, and have to say that I was shocked at how quickly I saw results in my body shape. I mean within a week I was losing, and looking different. Found it difficult to keep up while feeding the other members of my family, but looking at these recipes, I might give it another crack!
  • sjklaus
    sjklaus Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Banana Pancakes...
    1 Ripe Banana mashed
    2 Eggs
    Tad bit of cinnamon and vanilla.

Mix well together and fry up in coconut oil, add fresh fruit. It's almost french toast like.
  • honigbubble
    honigbubble Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    burrrmp
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    chea!

Paleomg.com

amazing
  • ITSSODAMNHOT
    ITSSODAMNHOT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    BUMP! In need of more raw foods in my diet. :)
  • 40lbs10mos
    40lbs10mos Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump :tongue:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    img_3208.jpg?w=450&h=337
    butter_tarts.jpg
    20120209_Bird-Cow-Fish_Chocolate-tart-with-cream-1550-SIMON-FAVOURITE_Animated.gif
  • mp1117
    mp1117 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There's a recipe on paleoplan for Rosemary Bacon wrapped Chicken. Oh my -- heaven!!
  • laceylucas86
    laceylucas86 Posts: 120
    Options
    Thanks for the thread! I'm trying to eat a bit more on the paleo side so I love these ideas!
    PALEO BUNS great for breakfast sandwiches with eggs ham and cheese or hamburgers super east.
    1/4 c greek yogurt (plain, any degree of fat)
    4 eggs,
    1/4 coconut flour
    1/4 ground flax
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 bsp honey

Oh, I'd love to try this! One questions... do you mean 1/4 cup coconut flour and ground flax? And 1 tsp honey?

Thanks!!

THIS ONE WAS DELISH!!!!! We had a family reunion cookout at my house last weekend and I made these for my burgers! Oh my! So good! Thanks so much!

HAHA I'm glad you liked it! I'm in love with it too :)
  • MMFernaays
    MMFernaays Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AWelden2012
    AWelden2012 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for good info.