Increasing calories

Options
Hello! I am a former collegiate athlete and have a pretty solid exercise regimen but have never paid much attention to my diet. I have started tracking my food intake and am floored at the results. I am short on my caloric goal by almost 500 calories every day. I am having a really hard time building muscle and am thinking this is the cause.

Any suggestions on what to eat to increase my calories while not increasing my carbs or fat intake? My end goal is to stay slender with more mass in my legs and arms.

Thanks! (and sorry if this seems like a dumb question :ohwell:

Replies

• deadlifting_diva
    deadlifting_diva Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fat will not make you fat and healthy fats (olive oil on your veggies, nuts, avocados) are the easiest way to increase your calorie intake.

I was going to suggest this. On days when I need to hit my calorie goal but am not ravenous, i go for these things. Nuts are high in calories and offer good fats and protein.
  • RideinRideout
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks. I should have specified that I just didn't want to fill my calorie count with pizza or ice cream (as I have seen suggested on some of the boards). I will go eat an avocado right now :)
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks. I should have specified that I just didn't want to fill my calorie count with pizza or ice cream (as I have seen suggested on some of the boards). I will go eat an avocado right now :)

No one is suggesting it. People are merely saying if you want it, and its in your caloric goal, have it.