Encouragement needed

Options
I am on this journey. I've been successful before, but that was six years ago. The weight crept up on me and here I am again, fighting against the scales. I want to lose 50 pounds by Christmas. I'm working out about five times a week for an hour (Zumba). I am watching my food intake carefully. Anyone out there like me?

Replies

• FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    We're all like you in the fact we're on the same journey!
    Any help or support you need...I'd be happy to provide what I know and whatever I can!

Zumba...iThat has to burn some serious calories!! have been curious about that for a while and have hear they are coming out with a Zumba fitness dance game for Wii.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I lost weight for my wedding in January, but much of the weight has crept back on since then. I have tried more than once to get back on the wagon. Here I am again. I am also a Zumba lover! It is frustrating because I know what I need to do and I feel better when I do it, but I don't always do it. It seems that when I make eating my calorie goal (logging my food helps tremendously) and working out (finding an exercise that I love has helped) a habit, it is easier. Sometimes getting back into good habits and sticking with them is hard for me. I am not always good at being accountable to myself. I don't know if I helped any, but know that you are not alone.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    We are all right here with you! Okay maybe not everybody since some have hit their goals and are now maintenance BUT we all have been down the same road and we know where you're coming from!

Zumba sounds like so much fun! I hope you have fun doing that for your workouts =)

Just know you can do it! We can all do it! It may take some time, but as long as you don't give up you'll reach your goals! Best of luck to you on your journey and if you want to add me feel free :flowerforyou:
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    hi Jamboree! this is a great place to find encouragement and support (i've only been here a week and i already know that and feel great about going for this) 50 by xmas is going to be hard but i'm aiming for somewhere around there myself (my b-day is the 21st of Dec and i want to get new cute skinny girl clothes as presents!) good luck and send me a friend invite if you wanna! :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I've been there, done that. You can do it, just keep track of your food and keep up with zumba. sounds like fun. I havent tried it. This site is full of encouragement. We are in the same boat. Feel free to add me as a friend....
  • missysmission777
    missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie,

It's Missy ( I think you know me). LOL Yes we've all beent here and this is the BEST thing you could've done by joining us on here especially for encouragement.. Impressive doing Zumba 5x a week.....it will burn it off and keep your body from getting tight and keep it loose. We need to do lunch sometime.. Love ya girly!!!!! xxxxxxx
  • nancyggg
    nancyggg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have been there too! I know exactly what you are saying. I think you will really love this site. Everyone is great. Add friends to help keep you motivated. You can add me if you want. Just log everything every day and you will see how much that helps. I am finding it very helpful and really eye opening at times.
  • jamboree1006
    jamboree1006 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I lived in Ecuador, South America for 25 years, so Zumba has a sentimental attachment. I love how it breaks down real dances simply for "us gringos". I am learning the routines and sweat like a... (well you fill in the blank). I don't usually sweat, so this is a good thing. The sweat begins after about 20 minutes, though. My husband loves to see me sweat. We all know that consistency is going to reach that goal. Thanks for your encouraging comments, pals.
  • jamboree1006
    jamboree1006 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey Learning2LoveMe!

I like how you've listed your prizes for lost weight. I think I'll do that.
    10 lbs new shirt
    20 lbs new dress
    30 lbs new suit
    40 lbs whatever I want and dinner too, ah ha ha
  • ChristyShivers
    Options
    We're all right there with you. The key is to remember that "you CAN do it!" There are days that you just don't want to workout and that's okay, but try to do something active whether walking or forcing yourself into a gym class. I have done Zumba many times and find myself getting lost in the music and dancing the pounds away. On the good days, work a litte harder by making the moves more intense or fast. It's always a "wow" moment when you've managed to force yourself to class and sometimes you can only get thru the motions (but you did it!) but there are other times when you leave thinking what a great workout and glad you did it. Keep telling yourself that you can do it, visualize yourself doing it, and you will do it! Keep up the great work!
  • smsteed
    smsteed Posts: 9
    Options
    I love the idea of posting prizes for your lost weight! Best wishes to you on your weight loss...we're all here for you!