Hello all.. I am new here. Am a Sparkpeople defector

Options
Jennjo322
Jennjo322 Posts: 74 Member
I'm Jenni, I am 42 yrs old married mom if three kids. I work full time and I am trying to lose 40 lbs.
Would love to make fire dis here to keep me motivated! I love the site, full of topics and pics and fitness weight loss related topics, not like that other site where they post about everything but!!! Hope to make new buddies here!!

Replies

• craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I used to use spark too...it got too overwhelming and then monotonous and they tried to sell too much stuff. Welcome! Feel free to add me! :)
  • srrose15
    srrose15 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I am a mom of 4 and work full time - just added you
  • sar24
    sar24 Posts: 20
    Options
    Haven't used Spark before but I've used similar 'speed' products. They become a crutch quickly...
  • Sandia_Sweetie
    Sandia_Sweetie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just added you! I'm a mom of 3 too. :smile:
  • Roderunr
    Roderunr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm a Spark defector too! After many years over "there", I decided to join MFP and never looked back! Welcome!! Feel free to add me if you'd like!! :smile:
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a former sparker myself. I never had a problem with Spark at all. I just happen to know more people who use MFP so I gradually transitioned here.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am a former Sparker too. I loved the site but needed to change things up to revive my enthusiasm. I do prefer MFP because of the eating back your exercise calories. Good luck with your journey.
  • Graneice
    Graneice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a reflect of defect dieting. This site made sense when I finished the profile. I wasn't given 5,563 to eat along with all the exercise calories to consume IF I exercised. The diary looks simple and the app easy. I bet most folks here know what to do already, but we get so over involved with the overwhelming ad and ideas of what it takes. I like the simplicity of this approach that seems logical.
  • pammee44
    pammee44 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I still have an account on sparkpeople but rarely use it because like other posters said it's too chaotic and full of ads and what not and it got to difficult to maneuver through. I like Myfitnesspal way better.

Feel free to add me as a friend also.
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    feel free to add me i got out of spark as well but still go on there for rood ideas every once in a while :D
  • Andaisy1
    Andaisy1 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I still have an account on sparkpeople but rarely use it because like other posters said it's too chaotic and full of ads and what not and it got to difficult to maneuver through. I like Myfitnesspal way better.

^^^This. feel free to add me :smile:
  • ltburns63
    ltburns63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am new too, and looking for all the support I can get. Feel free to add me. Welcome and good luck! :smile:
  • Jennjo322
    Options
    Thanks. I got annoyed when all the members who read their new book have the mot popular blogs. It's moved away from its original purpose.
  • Jennjo322
    Options
    I'm a reflect of defect dieting. This site made sense when I finished the profile. I wasn't given 5,563 to eat along with all the exercise calories to consume IF I exercised. The diary looks simple and the app easy. I bet most folks here know what to do already, but we get so over involved with the overwhelming ad and ideas of what it takes. I like the simplicity of this approach that seems logical.
  • Jennjo322
    Options

What does that mean? I noticed my calorie for the day seems low, what do youmeN the calories to consume if you excercisr, i noticed when I loogedmy exercise it gave me back the calories.
    Thanks
  • Lianne7878
    Lianne7878 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone :smile:

I've been using MFP on and off for awhile now. I was on Spark briefly but mainly in the past I have done WW. It's a great program but too expensive. I find MFP really easy to use and convenient. I have one question though. I'm not sure. Once you start losing weight, does your daily calorie intake go down on it's own? I hope so because I'm not sure how many calories I would get in a day if I had to adjust it myself.
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hello Welcome!!! :flowerforyou: This site is great!! I am a Mom of three boys and 8 grandchildren. They are my pride & joy!!
  • Cherie0622
    Cherie0622 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if u plan to log on often. I was with SP a long time ago. I felt like I was spending more time trying to gain points and reading articles about getting fit then actually "doing" anything about it : )
  • brook97378
    brook97378 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I used spark for awhile too a long time ago. I quit when it seemed like they were trying to constantly sell stuff. It started out great, but I think the site slowly went downhill. I like MFP much better. Much easier to navigate on this site.