How do you reduce belly fat

Options
Hi all up to now I've lost just over 28 pound and I'm now 15 stone., I've just bought some new swimming costumes as I'm going on holiday in 9 weeks time, the thing is when I tried them on they look great from the back but from the front I look like a beached whale so I really need to reduce my tummy, so my question is what are the right foods I should be eating to reduce my tummy, I do exercise, I swim half hour a day, I just need to get the foods right any info would be greatly appreciate thankyou :)

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Anything that fits in a calorie deficit, and perhaps lay off the sugar/processed foods. Calorie deficit is the most important, and your fat will fall off where it wants to fall off, when it wants to.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    No sugar or processed foods! Easy on the bread and pasta.
  • Tubatubatoaslimmerme
    Options
    Thankyou :) x
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Start walking for 15min, 30, any time you can. Go on youtube and find a zumba or other video and exercise. Try the Befit channel on youtube.to find different type of videos.
  • JohnnyCashMoney
    Options
    There are no foods in the world that will reduce belly fat. None. And swimming isn't the best exercise for losing weight, unless you swim 10,000 yards a day. Get to walking, hiking, running, biking, or something that burns calories. That's the only way you're gonna lose belly fat.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    advertisement

Sponsored Links

2013 Best Skin Tighteners An Unbiased Review List of The Top Performing Skin Tighteners In 2013 www.SkinCareSearch.com/FaceLifting

Just posting the URL would have been sufficient...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Nonsense. You can't spot reduce. Continue to eat at a deficit, incorporate some strength training, & you'll get where you want to be. Time is the cure-all.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    advertisement

Sponsored Links

2013 Best Skin Tighteners An Unbiased Review List of The Top Performing Skin Tighteners In 2013 www.SkinCareSearch.com/FaceLifting

Just posting the URL would have been sufficient...
    Those were the most interesting parts of that article.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options

Nonsense. You can't spot reduce. Continue to eat at a deficit, incorporate some strength training, & you'll get where you want to be. Time is the cure-all.

Not nonsense. Eating processed food and sugar bloat many people. Me being one of them. It's not actually "spot reducing". It's getting rid of bloat.
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    There are no foods in the world that will reduce belly fat. None. And swimming isn't the best exercise for losing weight, unless you swim 10,000 yards a day. Get to walking, hiking, running, biking, or something that burns calories. That's the only way you're gonna lose belly fat.

?? What?? Swimming doesn't burn calories? Hmm, maybe we should let Michael Phelps know he doesn't have to eat 4500 calories a day.

OP:
    Swimming is amazing,, non impact exercise...>Keep it up!!! As for losing belly fat - there is not really any way to target a specific zone, but sodium and high carbs will cause you to retain water which will cause you to bloat. So continue to eat a caloric deficit and try lowering yoru carb intake (not no or low carb...just lower) and watch the sodium!! Drink lots of water to flush your body. continue to exercise and you will start to see a difference!!
    Good luck.
  • Tubatubatoaslimmerme
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your advice, I can only do swimming because of my spine, I thought swimming breaststroke was one of the best exercises :)
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Subcutaneous fat - can't spot reduce, overall calorie deficit and hope it all comes off from where you want first/next (probably won't).
    Visceral fat - cardio exercise (going by one study, equivalent of walking/jogging 20 miles per week burns greater amount of visceral fat, would assume a similar calorie expenditure from swimming would have similar results).
    Bloating - water, sodium, carbs (find the right balance for your body, some people are more/less sodium/carb sensitive).
    Muscles - stronger abs and supporting muscles can make the stomach appear flatter even if it just means holding a better posture (not sure if you can work abs and lower back or not), but the opposite can also be true if you gain muscle size under the fat and/or they are glycogen full).
  • chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is my weakness too :( I'm pretty sure that's where ALL my weight is! Not really any exercise that will just get rid of it, you can tone by doing ab work but still, belly fat is normally the LAST thing to come off, unfortunately D:
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Keep up the swimming, but increase either the intensity or length of time that you are swimming. Thirty minutes of exercise daily is the recommendation for maintaining good health. It takes more than that to burn fat.