is eating only veggies and fruits healthy

Options
So I have been eating a lot of veggies and fruits and nothing else. My diet is literally a bowel of oats in the morning and veggies and fruits all day. I works out two times a day, morning and evening. The weird thing is I feel fine and even got energy. I just came across an artivle online saying my diet is actually soo poor and its freakin me out. Can someone help me out with a healthy diet plan that I can use and still lose wight. I live in sunny Cyprus and its bikinis everywhere so u can imagine the pressure lool

Replies

• autumnrunning
    autumnrunning Posts: 103
    Options
    All food groups should be in your menu, add some protein (meat, dairy) and complex carbs, otherwise you won't last long and it will affect your health/metabolism in long term.

Screw the pressure, you'll get there, just not overnight by starving your body from nutrients.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    What you are eating is really not a healthy diet. Eating lots of veggies & fruit is good, but you need protein and healthy fats as well, and enough calories to function properly. You may feel great for a short while when you undereat but it won't last. Please add some good sources of protein (meat, fish, cheese, beans, lentils) and fats (avocado, nuts & nut butter, a little oil, salad dressing in small amounts) and enough carbs to give you energy (potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, pasta, wholemeal bread).

MFP is a great tool to advise you on how much to eat and it makes it easy to adjust your diet so that you can eat a healthy diet and get all the nutrients you need to continue living healthily.

Good luck! You don't need to punish your body to lose weight.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You need fat and protein.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    All food groups should be in your menu, add some protein (meat, dairy) and complex carbs, otherwise you won't last long and it will affect your health/metabolism in long term.

Screw the pressure, you'll get there, just not overnight by starving your body from nutrients.
  • getstrongkaylen
    getstrongkaylen Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    protein and fat! its all about balance!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    fat protein????

need. must have.

so delcious- why not. add the bacon and animals. it's awesome.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You need fat and protein.

YES...these are essential macro nutrients. It's definitely good to get your fruit and veg and most people should be getting way more than they do...but you need healthy fats and proteins as well. You need a balanced diet to get proper nutrition.
  • roxerella
    roxerella Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Lots of people eat just fruit, veg and pulses. Look up Dr Fuhman Eat to Live. I couldn't do it personally but there is lots of evidence that's maintainable and excellent for disease prevention.

So I have been eating a lot of veggies and fruits and nothing else. My diet is literally a bowel of oats in the morning and veggies and fruits all day. I works out two times a day, morning and evening. The weird thing is I feel fine and even got energy. I just came across an artivle online saying my diet is actually soo poor and its freakin me out. Can someone help me out with a healthy diet plan that I can use and still lose wight. I live in sunny Cyprus and its bikinis everywhere so u can imagine the pressure lool
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Oats aren't a vegetable.

And I certainly wouldn't recommend eating their bowels.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Oats aren't a vegetable.

And I certainly wouldn't recommend eating their bowels.

LAWLZ
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B12 ONLY comes from animal sources, and is CRITICAL for you to stay alive. (I'm on shots weekly. Take my word for it.) If you intend to remain effectively vegan, you MUST supplement B12. Probably also folate. Really? I don't recommend trying to survive on what you're eating without having a serious chat with a medical doctor.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    No. Add some bread and meat.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    If you're vegetarian you don't HAVE to add meat, you could have dairy. If you're vegan you need to pay close attention to getting enough protein through eating a combination of beans, peas and lentils and complex carbohydrates. It's much easier to be an omnivore and eat all possible food groups - that way you get a balanced diet automatically.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    You don't need meat, but you do need a healthy variety. Nuts are a good source of protein and healthy fats. A lot of vegetables also have surprising amounts of protein, but you need to make sure you are getting a wide variety or your going to miss out on essential vitamins (contrary to popular belief, this is true if you are a meat eater as well - even if you eat animal products, there is still a lot you don't get if you don't eat a lot of varied veggies). I've only been eating vegetables, fruits and grains for the last seven years, but I am very careful to get everything I need.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Its not healthy inthe short term and certainly not long-term. Add in some protein and good fats (nuts, olive oil,) add some feta to your salads, grill some lovely spring lamb, have some eggs for breakfast for a change and you'll feel so much better!

I know when its hot it can seem too much effort to prepare hot dishes - so get someone to take you out for dinner instead! :happy: