Hip Hop Abs?

Options
I was thinking of trying out Hip Hop Abs, if for no other reason than it looks fun and could be a new way for me to embarrass my kids. :) Has anyone tried it? Reviews? Does it help lose weight, or just tone the abs?

thanks everyone!

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I recommend it! It's fun and doesn't bore me to do them over again. Like any other cardio it will help you lose weight if you also stick to your cal deficit and does work your abs. And Shaun T is easy on the eyes, a plus!
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Shaun T is easy on the eyes but he comes across to Fem for me... I have to do mine without the volume.
  • lunamo14
    lunamo14 Posts: 18
    Options
    the program is fun and before you know it, you're done. I would recommend it.
  • sassy616
    sassy616 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fun. Agree, that before you know it, you've completed the session. Helps with weight and toning the abs.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    The user WannaBLoser2013 is a pro at it. She's doing so good!

I still need to look it up :/
  • sd0104
    sd0104 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love it. It's a lot of fun - and like a previous post said - before you know it, you're done!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I own this as well. Its fun, can be a little dated at times but you get a good workout. I'm no hip hop dancer so doing in my basement works for me!
  • brenstar05
    brenstar05 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I recommend it as well... It's lots of fun and it keeps working out from getting boring. I generally work it into the rotation from time to time and it's lots of fun trying to remember the moves and actually feel somewhat coordinated. lol
  • nsbrown91
    nsbrown91 Posts: 7
    Options
    ive been doing it for the last couple of weeks and i love it.. the time goes by quick and i hardly notice im working out. shawn t always has me laughing especially when one of his fav songs come on lol. my 2 yr old always joins in with me!.... so far with just doing hip hop abs everyday and dieting i have already lost 20 lbs and i noticing a differance in my shape!.. def try it ! its fun
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    As others have said, it's definitely fun and upbeat. I didn't find it the most difficult, but it does get you moving : )
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! it is so fun and Shaun T is hilarious!
  • jaishar1985
    jaishar1985 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have been saying I'm going to try this DVD out for a little while now. Going to try it out tonight.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My daughter was given it as a Christmas gift. She didn't like it because she said it never made her feel like she was working at all and her abs were never sore. She was giving it away so I took it and I'm going to give it a try though after her rave review I don't hold much hope. But I love free stuff so might as well give it a shot.
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I was never sore after it, but I thought that it was the PERFECT workout program for me to do to start my fitness regimen.
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Lots of fun and you WILL feel it!!! I would also recommend Shaun T's Move & Groove if you are just starting out. The dancing is so much fun, you can't stop! My eight year old dances to Move & Groove by herself now! She thinks it's a fun game!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I do it here and there and feel it in the abs.. My main workout is Insanity now but those in my support group who have done it..love it.. I hope to do the hybrid eventually..
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    LOVE hip hop abs. shaun is so funny. usually I end up doing two programs in a day cause with shaun I'm always like "but but... it can't be done :sad:"
  • asparksger
    asparksger Posts: 3
    Options
    I was rocking it out for a week until my allergies turned into a sinus infection. Will be jumping back on board with it once I'm feeling better though.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I just clicked on the topic to see if anyone said, "Say What?!?!"
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I just clicked on the topic to see if anyone said, "Say What?!?!"

"How many times $19.95 a month?"
    "That's a steal babbbby!"