I'm new and I feel a little alone in my journey

Options
Hello my name is Jessica Serna'm Colombian, I have 27 years and weighing 123 kilos, (... lifelong suffering of overweight and decided some time ago to get in shape thanks to the intervention of the great love of my life, my husband, helped me a lot and gives me lots of energy and will rely heavily on me, but there are many who do not, who constantly tell me they do not think will lose weight, why not do me best bariatric surgery and much more .I feel that I have confidence though I'm away from my family are very supportive of them if I actually did some bets with family to stay motivated and my parents and brothers but I have great confidence where I am not, I do not feel badly also work as the pain in my body will not let me and I feel very sad and helpless many times, so I count on your help and meet my goal pocer lose 35 kilos for December is 77 pounds. I hope to get it and I appreciate any help I can get.greetings from the city of eternal spring Medellin Antioquia

Replies

• Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You are not alone ... request sent!
  • JulieDom1979
    JulieDom1979 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, this is a hard journey but you can do this.

I have my husband doing this as well and he is my inspiration, he's worked so hard to get fit and healthy and he inspired me to do the same. :smile:

Don't ever listen to the nay sayers they're just mad that you are motivated and willing to put in the work and all they want is the magic pill that will make them skinny.

Good Luck in your journey it will be worth it.

:flowerforyou:
  • GCAlexa610
    GCAlexa610 Posts: 6
    Options
    Aww, so sorry you don' t have many ppl encouraging you. It is already hard enough trying to loose weight, but to add that type of stress just makes it harder. I am so glad you have your husband who sounds wonderful! Stay away from the surgeries unless it is necessary ... meaning health issues. Yes, add me and we can encourage one another. I've been on here for abotu 2 weeks now and am definitely in need of more friends.
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Nothing feels worse than a family member telling you that you should look into gastric bypass surgery, or any other weightloss service. Your logic knows they only say it because they care, but your heart says - OF ALL PEOPLE they should be the ones to believe in me the most! I know how you feel 100% pal.
    Friend request sent :)
  • MamizLatina
    Options
    Jessica: Welcome! I can totally understand where you are coming from.... I've been battling with my weight for quite some time now. I've tried several different approaches and no one thing has seemed to work YET! At one point I almost starved myself for months (and lost oh-so-much weight, I LOVED how I looked!!!) BUT, it was done "the wrong way".... and having NO discipline whatsoever - I gained it right back (and then some!) My problem is clearly my lack of discipline... Not being held accountable for my weight "issue".... I even started a blog "Weight Loss Journey for the Hungry and Lazy"! I'll "TRY" exercising, and once I get sweaty (Hello!?! That's what's SUPPOSED to happen, duh!) I quit!

You, at least, have a supportive husband.... Mine keeps reminding me about the MANY times I've "tried this before... and then give up!".... Ummm..... I don't need reminding - much less from HIM! SMH!!! Be a little supportive, please! But.... I hope to have that as FUEL.... even if just to prove him WRONG!!! LOL!

I hope we can help eachother along this journey......
  • JessicaSernaLenis
    JessicaSernaLenis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    many thanks to all ... means a lot to me :)
  • mssandhu
    mssandhu Posts: 1
    Options
    Welcome and one baby step at a time :-))))) It is really not that bad as long as you do not set yourself unrealistic targets but then when you do stick to them :-o.
  • JessicaSernaLenis
    Options
    awww so cute ... thanks for so much energy as I hope to succeed and be there for you too on what you need :)
  • JessicaSernaLenis
    Options
    Aww, so sorry you don' t have many ppl encouraging you. It is already hard enough trying to loose weight, but to add that type of stress just makes it harder. I am so glad you have your husband who sounds wonderful! Stay away from the surgeries unless it is necessary ... meaning health issues. Yes, add me and we can encourage one another. I've been on here for abotu 2 weeks now and am definitely in need of more friends.
    awww so cute ... thanks for so much energy as I hope to succeed and be there for you too on what you need :)
  • JessicaSernaLenis
    Options
    Thanks, if it is difficult to bear the burden ... the physical, the mental ones but those of the heart and spirit .... what I know is that I must move on because nobody will do it for me ...
  • JessicaSernaLenis
    Options
    lol ... Clearly, if ... here among us all understand and we will move forward for ourselves for our health and for watching beautiful beautiful ... lol
  • JessicaSernaLenis
    Options
    good to all I want to ask you to forgive me my technology sometimes I get hit and not know how to write or where to put it but I hope I have patience ... it's nice to have someone to share things ... thank you!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :blushing:
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Billings, Montana, USA! I have an open food diary if you'd like to add me to your list. :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Sorry you feel alone. It's much easier with support. I started off at 99 kilos and I'm now 71kg so it's possible! Just take it a step at a time. Feel free to add me.

Buena suerte!
  • HealthyStartsHere
    HealthyStartsHere Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Feel free to add me, if you'd like
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    The support of your MFP friends and your husband should be enough! Everyone else is just a cynic or just an a-hole.
  • vdolmstead
    vdolmstead Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have faith in you and I come by it honestly. I'm fighting the same battle. Please always remember, you're human and humans are inherently not perfect. As long as you credit yourself for every success and forgive the challenges that take you the wrong way while staying on the path, you'll do just fine. Remember, happiness is found in the journey, not at the end of the road. But it doesn't hurt to think of yourself when you've drooped the 35 kilo. Imagine your happiness, your appearance, the reaction of friends whom you haven't seen for a while when they cross your path and the outfit you'll buy to show off your accomplishment! That visualizing is very supportive of your efforts. I gives endorphins! Good luck and Godspeed in your quest. I'm on your side.
  • lunamo14
    lunamo14 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi Jessica,

Feel free to add me. We can help each other. Just remember it's good to put yourself first, because then you have more energy to give others.

don't get discourage. we're here for you and we can offer support through your weight loss journey.

Caroline
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    feel free to follow along and request me, good luck to you and you can do it. <3
  • daykneee
    daykneee Posts: 2
    Options
    I've got a number of people in my family who have told me the same thing as well. It's hard to hear, but to some extent, we know we need it to motivate us to work harder, right? (: Anyhow, request sent!