New to site - need friends to encourage me

Options
I'm new to this site. I've started and stopped on other weight loss/tracking sites but they were hardly active and I usually got discouraged and quit. This site seems much more user friendly and active. But I need some 'friends'.

My first goal is to loose 15 lbs. (Start small I'm told) then I'll work in stages to get more weight off as time goes by. But I need help getting some 'good/better' eating and excersise habits to become 'natural'.

When it comes to sweets/treats at work/etc I've no will power what so ever and at times I don't even 'recognize' that I've given in to those urges to eat/snack until it's too late and the food is consumed :(

I know I need a cheering section or someone in my corner since I've no one at work willing to help me out and my husband is really no better... I've come to realize that the only person responsible for me is 'me'. But it still makes it hard to accomplish goals when it seems no one notices or cares.

So, if you think you'd be willing to be a cheerleader for me, help me over rough spots, slap my hand when I want to 'eat eat eat'... then befriend me and I will be eternally grateful for any help and advice that can be offered!

Replies

• batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Count me in, am in Uk but that is no barrier sure you will get loads of help here.
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Count me in, am in Uk but that is no barrier sure you will get loads of help here.
  • RachSuzanne
    RachSuzanne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You got it!

WELCOME!!!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    this is a great site,. It has alot of activity, Lots of information, motivation and encouragement. I would love to be friends and try to help you over the rough spots. Just keep with it, dont give up
  • smsteed
    smsteed Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great...there are TONS of people who are very supportive. Best wishes!