Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

advice

hi joined this last night and today has been my first day ....when should i weigh myself every day/week/month? also dont have any friends on here so if you could add me that would be great x

Replies

• clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    The best thing (IMO) to do is weigh yourself once per week at the same time under the same conditions. For example; I weight every Saturday morning after using the restroom and in the buff. I do that every week so the fluctuations based on clothing, waste, etc. are lessened.

P.S. The search function would probably have worked :) And you can add me if you like!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Once a week is usually recommended. If you choose to weigh yourself daily you'll need to understand that the body has normal fluctuations from day to day. You want to worry about the trends rather than a sudden increase in the scale one day.

We're at our lightest first thing in the morning after you visit the bathroom. You can weigh up to 5 pounds heavier by the end of the day depending on how much food, water, and waste is in your body.
  • jaejoe
    jaejoe Posts: 6
    thanks once a week ill do it then