Let's Motivate One Another!!!

Options
Hi everyone!

I joined MFP back in January but only started to use it regularly about three weeks ago. I love the community on here and would really like to have more friends to motivate and to be motivated by :happy:

A little about me... I'm 28 and currently live in Los Angeles. I never had any issues with weight because I had a job that required me to be on my feet 8-10 hours a day, perform heavy lifting and go up and down stairs a lot. I also biked to and from work and for fun. Because of my highly active lifestyle, I was able to eat whatever I wanted. I once even had a pie eating contest with myself. However, after living in LA for a few years and taking on an office job a year ago, I gained a bit over 20 pounds. After trying and failing to shake this excess weight for about ten months, I decided to try MFP and have loved it so far.

While weight loss was my original goal, I now decided I'd rather have measurement goals. Those jeans I used to be able to take off without unbuttoning now give me a mean muffin top (before starting MFP, I couldn't even button them). I LOVE bicycling and dancing and am slowing getting into running, HIIT and weight training. I have trouble with consistency and that has been my number one obstacle to getting back into shape. I'm also a vegetarian working towards vegan. I live with my boyfriend who is very supportive of my fitness goals but still likes to eat a pint of ice cream in front of me, wants to eat burgers (yuck) or tacos for every meal and have snack food lying about the house.

Before this becomes a novella, I'll wrap it up by saying let's be MFP friends!

Best of luck with your goals!

-Amanda

Replies

• samischell
    samischell Posts: 40
    Options
    Sounds like a plan add me! 4 kids later I no longer have my high school body . I want my body back!
  • simplyamandak
    Options
    Yay! Let's do this!