New creative way to stay motivated...together!!!

Options
Hi!!

I don't know about you but I find it very difficult sometimes to stay motivated. My husband bought me a stationary bike and I love it. Problem is, there always seems to be something else to do that gets in my way. So I've devised a plan. I'm going on a road trip. I'm going to map out a location, figure out how many miles it will take to get there, and 'go'...all from the comfort of my home on my bike. I'm going to create a private group on Facebook so that I can post pictures of my/our travels. I already have a couple of my buddies from here ready to join and if you'd like to join in, please add me as a friend...or send me a message. OH!! and you don't have to have a bike. You can 'go' by walking, running, swimming, whatever form of movement you do...you could even dance there if you wanted to...(we'll have to figure that out in tracking)...but I want to get going ASAP...and if you wanna 'come along' please let me know. This is a non-judgemental group that is only for encouragement and support. I will be posting pictures of places for inspiration so that we don't get bored with the same ol' stuff. Any questions...just let me know!!!

I wish you all the best of luck in your weight loss journey.

huge hugs,
OddBerry

Replies

• musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That's an AWESOME idea!
    Where are you headed first?
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Where are out going?
  • Kagemori
    Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    that actually sounds like alot of fun. Hope it works well with you and you stay motivated and moving.
  • joyfulthanks
    joyfulthanks Posts: 155
    Options
    That's such a great idea! I'm not on facebook, but I'm going to use your idea to help motivate myself. If people really want add extra motivation, maybe they could decide to reward themselves with a real trip to wherever they've run/biked/walked to when they finally meet their goal!
  • wowsrz
    wowsrz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited and can't wait to start the journey with you :) I think this is just what I need to get me back in the saddle and riding more. Let's get moving!!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    We did something similar on a health board at work. It is their ONLY challenge that I stuck with to the end! I LOVE IT!!! Add me, please? Where are we going? Might be cool to set up a map of "players" and have us take picks to add from where we are when y'all "get here" ;-)
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Oh, and for the record...movement is my most difficult challenge. So I really appreciate this!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Okay I wanna go too, but I only have a real bike, unsure how to keep track of my miles then? I can keep track of treadmill and stationary bike miles that I have access to, but I'd like to include my real bike miles if anyone has ideas how?

BTW. WHere are we going?
  • ShaunaMcMac
    ShaunaMcMac Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    What a fun idea!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this idea, will you be updating here or just on facebook? Would love to take this journey!
  • JenJen0932
    JenJen0932 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    MYChocolateDi said:

"Okay I wanna go too, but I only have a real bike, unsure how to keep track of my miles then? I can keep track of treadmill and stationary bike miles that I have access to, but I'd like to include my real bike miles if anyone has ideas how? "

If you have a smartphone, you can download a free app called Endomondo which will track your miles as you ride your bike outside. Just have to bring your phone. I used to use it when I was walking before I got my heart rate monitor - it is great!
  • MsFunkyfit
    MsFunkyfit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    As i said girl... I'm in thanks for the AWESOME Idea just keep me posted :)
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Clever add me I don't bike but I do walk and Zumba
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, but you can start a private group on MFP, I don't really do facebook anymore,:smile: Sounds like lots of fun!
  • oddberry
    oddberry Posts: 39
    Options
    Wow!!! I am so excited by how many people want to join up!! and yes I will start a group here!!! As far as real bikes go, they count too. If you track your bike and you ride 3 miles, that's 3 miles to your destination. If you walk 3 miles, that's 3 miles to the destination! No matter what form of 'travel' you use, you're still moving towards something. Everyone that's interested, if you could post where you're from...whether it be privately or if you want to wait until I set the private group up, that's fine too. I'm at work right now so I'll have to wait until I get home but I think we should settle on a place that's essentially the same for everyone so no one is 'travelling' more than someone else. I'll set up a group here as well as on Facebook...so no one feels left out!! When I get home I'm going to start adding people and then start working on the groups!! So excited!!!

You guys rock!!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Definitely count me in, this will make my biking more interesting! I'm in New Jersey
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Im interested, but I'll be walking.
  • Candaroo
    Candaroo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That definitely sounds like fun!! Count me in!
  • justamessenger
    Options
    Please add me and count me in for this! What a great, creative idea :) I've been struggling to do my cardio everyday (lifting is so much more fun) so this will be an amazing motivator!
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea. I usually run or bike or walk so I would love to join! I am in Nebraska! Thanks!