Breakfast ideas - not porridge please

Options
Lacking inspiration please let me borrow some of yours? I have alwas been rubbish at eating breakfast and end up snacking.

Replies

• annakickan
    annakickan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a 1/2 fried egg on a Wasa whole weat slice and a small (0.33 oz) slice of cheese on a Wasa Flatbread Rosemary. I like Wasa because the calorie are low but the fiber is there. Often I have the same this again mid morning.
  • buddhafatty
    Options
    1 Cup of egg whites(120 calories), 3 slices of turkey bacon(90 calories), 5 oz of avocado(250 calories).
    throw a 1/3 red bell pepper, and a 1/3 green bell.(2/3 is about 20 calories)
    if you don't like avocado, sub in low carb/calorie yogurt(Kroger brand carbmaster is my favorite, 60calories each for 6oz)

1 cup of the egg whites is roughly about 4 whole eggs.
    Also about 20oz of black coffee
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I tried a new granola type cereal (Newman's Own) this morning and if was quite tasty with a small splash of almond milk! And I wasn't hungry for a while after. I bring it to work in a Baggie and eat it here haha.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    1 sautéed chicken sausage + 1 fried egg + broccoli (ok I know not everybody likes broccoli enough for breakfast, but I do! )

omelette with two scrambled eggs, black beans, peppers/onions, top with hot sauce!

greek yogurt + peanut butter or almond butter + oats + cinnamon (as a dip) then use apples for dipping

half a pita, top with avocado and egg, bake in oven until egg is set and pita is brown and delicious

half an avocado with sunflower seeds and 2 tbsp. cottage cheese

almonds and juice (I recently bought a juicer and am obsessed! kale + carrot + cucumber + lemon + apple = yumm! tons of energy too!)

Brussels and onions and chicken sausage sautéed together (yes, I would also eat Brussels for breakfast, delicious!)

smoothies are my go to breakfast though: this morning I took 1 cup berries + 8 oz almond milk + 1 tbsp. cocoa powder + 1/2 scoop whey protein powder, blend, drink, YUM!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    3 mini sweet peppers(red/yellow/orange), half a medium onion, 3 oz mushrooms, 1/2C of spinach, 1/8-1/4C shredded cheese of your choice in a 1 egg omelet with 1/4 of an avocado sliced and placed in the middle just before closing the omelet. Eat with fresh fruit of your choice.
  • weeshaz74
    weeshaz74 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't like milk.. but iv started eating a bowl of branflakes with chopped strawberrys, banana and blueberrys, plus a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice...its a great change for me as iv spent most of my life eating toast or poached egg and toast for breakfast....can anyone give me any other ideas?
  • SimmonsNC
    SimmonsNC Posts: 3
    Options
    I've tried doing the oatmeal thing (hate the texture) and cereal (not a fan of milk ((weird i know))).... So i've decided I'm more of a savory breakfast person..... I buy a pack of Thomas brand thin everything bagels (plain, wholewheat onion work well too), a package of Laughing Cow 1/3 less fat cream cheese (herb & garlic, garden veggie are my favs) and Adli's brand fit and active sliced turkey breast. Toast the bagel, spread 1 wedge over both halves and load up with 3 or 4 slices of turkey delish and satisfying! 175 Cals, 3 Fat, 12 Protein, 13 Calcium & 5 Fiber. Hope this helps!!!
  • mcpw1001
    mcpw1001 Posts: 1
    Options
    Take either a 100% whole wheat or 100 calorie english muffin and slice in half. Mix together 1/4 cup crushed pineapple (drained) and 1/4 fat free ricotta cheese and spread evenly on each half of muffin. Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste. Place under broiler for about 5 - 10 minutes until warm.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    1 cup 0% Greek yogurt
    1 banana
    1 cup strawberries
    1 cup raspberries
    Ice

Blend.

Best smoothie you'll ever have :-)
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    sauté a clove of garlic, one small onion, three or four mushrooms, slices of bell peppers and tomato....whisk two eggs and plop them on top of the veggies, then sprinkle feta cheese and a teaspoon or so of herbes de Provence....finish in the oven or just cover with a pot lid so that the eggs are cooked through...so delicious!
  • papillon71
    papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, just pop in fry pan with low cal spray oil or can cook in their own juices, with 2 slices wholemeal toast (very low cal breakfast)

Low Fat Yoghurt with fresh fruit salad and a tiny serve (20g) lowest fat clusters or granola/muesli you can find

Low fat bacon rashers with grilled tomato and wholemeal toast

1 Poached egg or soft boiled egg with wholemeal toast

Low fat ham, low fat cheese grilled on English Muffin
  • papillon71
    papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    3 mini sweet peppers(red/yellow/orange), half a medium onion, 3 oz mushrooms, 1/2C of spinach, 1/8-1/4C shredded cheese of your choice in a 1 egg omelet with 1/4 of an avocado sliced and placed in the middle just before closing the omelet. Eat with fresh fruit of your choice.

Yum!
  • wmbrett
    wmbrett Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Since I've got 3 kids to feed in the a.m. and we're usually rushing out the door, I make mine simple, filling and flavorful. I take some form of whole grain muffin, thin bagel or otherwise (about 100 calories), and 2 slices of extra sharp cheddar for flavor, and either put on sliced turkey or ham for a filling sandwich, quick to make in the toaster oven, with about 300 calories. On the weekends, I'll add bacon and eggs to the sandwich and not the turkey. Lasts me until lunchtime. My boys have the same sandwich, and daughter just has cereal and bananas.
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    about every other day i have plain unsweetened yogurt (one cup) with strawberries (1/2 cup), walnuts (1/8 cup) and granola (1/4 cup). its filling, tasty, and under 300 calories with my coffee. the other half of the week is the dreaded boring porridge, hahhaha. sometimes i have a melon half with cottage cheese.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is a Thomas Triple Heath English muffin (100 calories), topped with two tbsp. reduced fat peanut butter (190 calories), 1/2 banana (around 60 calories) and a drizzle of honey (around 30). Super delicious and keeps me very full!
  • ebullientme
    Options
    I have 2 scrambled egg whites with a piece of 2% cheese on a thomas multigrain english muffin, According to eat this not that it is among the best english muffins (has 1/3 daily fiber) I look forward to my breakfast! On a side note I use a microwave omelet maker from nordic ware and cook the eggs in the microwave in 1 minute. This way time is no excuse for a poor breakfast! Remember also to drink lots of water!
  • whitterbugkru
    Options
    I've tried doing the oatmeal thing (hate the texture) and cereal (not a fan of milk ((weird i know))).... So i've decided I'm more of a savory breakfast person..... I buy a pack of Thomas brand thin everything bagels (plain, wholewheat onion work well too), a package of Laughing Cow 1/3 less fat cream cheese (herb & garlic, garden veggie are my favs) and Adli's brand fit and active sliced turkey breast. Toast the bagel, spread 1 wedge over both halves and load up with 3 or 4 slices of turkey delish and satisfying! 175 Cals, 3 Fat, 12 Protein, 13 Calcium & 5 Fiber. Hope this helps!!!

I am gunna have to try this. When you mentioned the bagel, I expected a higher calorie meal there. Not so bad =)
  • NebrGuy1969
    NebrGuy1969 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My breakfast for the last 18 months has primarily included a serving of FiberOne cereal with 1/4 cup almond milk; 1/2 serving of plain Greek yogurt with a splash of vanilla and 85g's of fruit (blackberries, blueberries or strawberries); 2 poached egges (1 whole, 1 egg white only); 2 slices of low sodium bacon; and a slice of whole wheat toast (heavy bread, not fluffy crap from the bread aisle). I recently added a serving of Pom brand juice as well. I will adjust it here and there every now and then (substitue a different cereal, use skim milk, biscuits and gravy), but for the most part this is a standard breakfast.

I lost 77 pounds in 7 months eating that type of breakfast and have maintained the new weight for 8 months.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    panna cotta!

cream/yogurt/milk
    +
    sweetener/flavor
    +
    gelatin
    =
    DELICIOUS!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Dilly egg on Honey Toast (Fry an egg with some dill weed sprinkled on it. Put honey on a slice of toast. Put dill-egg on honey-toast. Yum. Especially good if you smash the softened yolk into the toast.)

Greek yogurt with raisins and Cheerios stirred in.

Cottage cheese with pineapple chunks (Use a snack cup of pineapple and drink the juice before adding chunks to the cottage cheese or stir it in for a soupy consistency.)