Special K kick start

Options
Hi I really need a kick up the backside so have decided to do the special K diet. Two bowls of Special K and a healthy dinner with two snacks, for two weeks. I started last Saturdday so have been doing it for 5 days. I'll weight in on Friday so fingers crossed.
Has anyone else done this diet and what results did you get??:heart::happy:

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it... But, there's nothing magical about this "diet". Assuming you really do eat a healthy dinner and 2 healthy snacks.... the 2 bowls of cereal are simply there as another low-cal meal/snack. Which you could actually assemble a healthy snack for the same number of calories and get better nutrients out of it. (my opinion)
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I haven't done it... But, there's nothing magical about this "diet". Assuming you really do eat a healthy dinner and 2 healthy snacks.... the 2 bowls of cereal are simply there as another low-cal meal/snack. Which you could actually assemble a healthy snack for the same number of calories and get better nutrients out of it. (my opinion)

I agree.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Thats how I lost most of my weight but its really nothing to it. Just watching calories and choosing other low calorie options will do the same thing. I didn't completely commit to special k anyways. And after doing it for a while, i looked at the cereal and all but one of their cereals only have 1 gram of fiber.... Not that great...
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I posted this information on another Special K post the other day. I LOVE cereal, but you have to be very careful with the amount of sugar in each serving. If you're doing this, just make sure that your snacks and other meals have a low sugar content as the two bowls alone will send you over your daily limit. Just my suggestion...I could live off Special K, but I have to keep it as a treat. Good luck!
  • Kicking
    Kicking Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Been on this diet a week now and I have to say I'm finding it very easy. I love the fact that I don't have to think about a low fat dish to have for breakfast or lunch. I've lost 3.5LBS this week. I'll do it for the second week now and then take a break from it and introduce other low fat alternatives for lunch time.