Looking for friends to share stories and advice

Options
Hey all :) My name is Erica, I am a 20 year old college student, and I am currently on a journey to lose about 225 pounds. I started trying to lose weight almost a year ago now, and so far I have lost about 75 pounds. I've mainly been focusing on eating better and exercising, though the exercising has been a slow struggle because I also have severe asthma. After being told by doctors that it was too risky for me to exercise I finally decided that I wasn't going to live as an obese asthmatic for the rest of my life. I can't do a whole lot about the asthma thing, but I'm pretty sure I can do something about being overweight.
I've recently switched over to myfitnesspal from another site similar to it, but I liked the idea of a community here rather than just a food journal. I'm always looking to meet new people who are trying to be healthy, so I'm just looking for friends who might be willing to share advice and motivation :)

Replies

• wendy275a
    wendy275a Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, your welcome to add me, I too cant do much in the way of exercise as I have pot syndrome and find it very hard! I am hoping to lose about 20 lbs (1.5 stones) I am on a mission to do as much as I can before we go on our first family holiday in July so need the occasional kick! X
  • Wendie1960
    Wendie1960 Posts: 1
    Options
    hi my names wendy i'm 53 and I just wanted to say give yourself a big pat on the back you have taken the first steps in desiding not to sit around and let your asthma beat you. I to have asthma but no where as bad as you mine is mild. I have been going swimming now for 4 yrs, I go now 3 days aweek I do 20 lengths plus 30mins arobices. In this time I haven't put weight on but I haven't lost either but I have joined this site 4 weeks ago along with my sister and I want to lose about 3 stone. so I would like to be your friend to :)