High protein, low carb/low fat

Options
msstatz
msstatz Posts: 163 Member
I have been trying to eat more protein but it seems that by eating protein I use up most of my fat/carbs too. Any suggestions for high protein/low fat/carb foods? I'm looking for snacks as well as meal ideas. As of right now, I try to eat quite a bit of tuna, tilapia and eggs. I do eat peanut butter and almonds but don't really like the higher fat content. Any suggestions?

Replies

• DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to eat more protein but it seems that by eating protein I use up most of my fat/carbs too. Any suggestions for high protein/low fat/carb foods? I'm looking for snacks as well as meal ideas. As of right now, I try to eat quite a bit of tuna, tilapia and eggs. I do eat peanut butter and almonds but don't really like the higher fat content. Any suggestions?
    what is wrong with fat?
    protein shakes and regular food?
    avocados

be careful with tuna and mercury.
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    sorry I don't have an answer, really, here to *bump*
    all I can add is I know string cheese is a great one because it's not too high cal, low fat and good protein. But otherwise I'm like you and need ideas! ;)
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options

egg whites
    99% lean turkey
    whey protein isolate
    fat free greek yogurt/cottage cheese
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I have realized it is virtually impossible to stay within a goal for fat. I wouldnt worry about it honestly.
  • Ladylouwolf
    Ladylouwolf Posts: 39
    Options
    I am facing the same issue! Wish we could separate the good fats from the bad. Working on it!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    boiled eggs,
    cubed chicken
    meatballs made of lean meat
    meat skewers with a no sugar glaze
    shrimp
    crab
    almost anythin you don't add sugar or carbs to.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    any lean meat
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Tofu! I've been vegetarian for 3 years & I love it! Try this:

http://hugsnquiches.blogspot.com/2013/04/late-night-snack-creamy-veggie-dip-vegan.html
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    chicken, turkey, (both without skin), tuna, 0% fat cottage cheese etc.

Protein powders / shakes are usually protein and not much else.