Wondering which of you lose weight faster?

Options
Ok, I'm just curious who eats the calories they've burned and who doesn't? Do you lose more weight eating them or not eating them? Has anyone done both and seen a difference doing one or the other?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It depends.. are you cool with losing muscle too? If you are cool with losing muscle and fat ,then just create a very large calorie deficit. If you want to minimize muscle loss, so you need to lose less weight to get a lean and tight body, then have a moderate deficit At this point, you can aim for 1 - 1.5 lbs per week. But I would suggest you do weight training to help with muscle retention and eating more protein and fats then MFP suggest.

But I can tell you there are hundreds or thousands of threads about plateaus.. and the same theme is usually present.. they dont' eat enough calories.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Why would I want to lose weight faster? I like muscle, energy, and food.
  • Dlewis8288
    Dlewis8288 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm with you guys I love food,, especially the sweet kind! I just wondered if there was a difference but I def don't want to lose muscle and do do the weights at the gym along with cardio. I appreciate the feed back :)
  • Dlewis8288
    Options
    Definitely don't want to lose muscle and I'm so fine with losing slowly especially since I'm concerned about having a ton of extra skin :( thank you for the reply :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Definitely don't want to lose muscle and I'm so fine with losing slowly especially since I'm concerned about having a ton of extra skin :( thank you for the reply :)
    Keep in mind that MFP may over estimate exercise calories, so I would suggest eating 50% of them back. Or if you consistently work out, then set your activity level higher (like moderate) and not worry about exercise calories. Many of us prefer to eat the same calorie goal daily as it's easier to figure out your TDEE when it comes times for maintenance. For example, I eat 2500 calories daily. Over the past 7 weeks, I have lost 7 lbs. This means my average TDEE is 3000 calories. So you could theoretically pick something like 1600 and try that for a few months and evaluate the situation.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I don't eat back exercise calories but I don't burn very much. I don't do any cardio, I just lift for 45 minutes to an hour every day (that's including rest time between sets). If I had to guess, I probably burn 100-150 calories doing this but I don't log things like gum or spices so I figure these things cancel each other out.
  • Dlewis8288
    Options
    I don't eat back exercise calories but I don't burn very much. I don't do any cardio, I just lift for 45 minutes to an hour every day (that's including rest time between sets). If I had to guess, I probably burn 100-150 calories doing this but I don't log things like gum or spices so I figure these things cancel each other out.

I work out 3 times a week and only add in the calories the machine says I burned never the weights. Thank you for the help! It's been a battle deciding what to do and I'm new to this so I defenitly want to do the best I can here.