Sunscreen

Options
2»

Replies

• RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I find that Neutrogena Helioplex dry touch works great. I find it is not greasy especially when it mixes with sweat when I run and mountain bike.

I second this. Neutrogena makes great sunscreens that don't have that greasy feeling. For my face I use Oil of Olay moisturizer with SPF 15. You don't feel it at all, absorbs right into your skin.

If you wanna go organic there's some pretty good merchants on Etsy that sell their own natural sunscreens. I tried one and while the smell wasn't too terribly appealing, I didn't feel it at all on my face. The seller's shop was called WonderWeeds I believe.
  • fitmusiclifeviola
    Options
    I love No-Ad sunscreen. Also, I've used some of the Neutrogena fancy sunscreens for facial use. I think the key is to really rub the sunscreen in before you're sweaty!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Neutrogena Ultra Sheer is excellent, very light and non-greasy feeling
  • beginswithb
    beginswithb Posts: 132
    Options
    I make my own for myself (very fair, burns easily) and my kids. It's so simple. Just shea butter, coconut oil, beeswax, zinc oxide (I get non-nano particle powder) and lavender oil. I make it into bars that I just rub on. Love it!
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Aveeno Active Naturals Sunblock. Very light, absorbs quickly, not tacky or greasy feeling
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I used to use Nutrogena Helioplex, then I found that it doesn't absorb into my skin that well-white streaks would appear on my face an hour later.

Then I kept reading that avobenzone and oxybenzone (both of which are in Nutrogena) are showing up to be toxic to humans. (check out http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/)

Now I only use natural sunscreens, my favorite is Goddess Garden, it's 86% organic and only contains Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide for sunscreen, it absorbs into my skin quickly, and a little bit goes a long way.