SUPPORT NEEDED: will pay in internet hugs.

Options
So, this is me giving two of the most annoying gestures known to man.

My name is Rachel.

http://i39.tinypic.com/9up15h.jpg

I've tried several times to switch to a low-carb lifestyle with little to no success. I suppose this being the fact that I've never had to be accountable to anyone but myself. Well, myself gives me too many breaks and excuses. I’m tired of “starting over”.

It’s crucial that I make this one stick, guys.

Honest engine, I’d love to (for once) give a successful update in the next couple of weeks instead of feeling like I needed to “start anew”. I want to be held accountable for my progress – and I can’t think of anywhere better to do that then a entire group of people dedicated to weight loss.

My goal is to make friends/”weightloss buddies” (..if there is such a thing?) on MFP and reddit. I need people that will push me, encourage me and give me just a little nudge towards success. In return, I’ll be more than happy to do the same for you!

Of course, payment of internet hugs will be received in time of internet friendship.

PS. You people are aspiring and keep up the good work.

Want to chat? Add me!
Want support? Add me!

Replies

• Te2005
    Te2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    it's been a roller coaster for me. Too much time off, too little exercise, too little counting. I'm back, add me if you'd like
  • Ciamworking
    Options
    Oh Rachel, you are very hard on yourself. Instead of looking at the whole picture, break it up into baby steps. For instance, be successful in one meal. After that meal, take the next step for a snack success. After a day of baby steps, you have some successes. Perhaps you may have a success that equals two steps forward and one step back, but in the scheme of things, it is still a step forward. One that that seems to be working for me so far is the accountability. I'm logging in each and every bite I eat and it adds up faster than I expected.

Don't give-up. You're worth more than that and you deserve to be happy.. we all do! So instead of going one day at a time, concentrated on one meal or hour at a time.

I do hope this helps a little. ((((((hugs))))) to you for starting over and not quitting!
  • racheljeanvickers
    Options
    It does! Thank you so much! :D
  • Jojo2265
    Jojo2265 Posts: 2
    Options
    You are succeeding cos u are doing something about it :smile:
    Remember to be kind to yourself and feel good about what u do get right and learn where u need to change your ways . No failure just things to make us try twice as hard :heart:
  • racheljeanvickers
    Options
    Thanks, jojo! Feel free to add me if you want! :D
  • ButterPecanBaby
    ButterPecanBaby Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh accountability, my least favorite word. I would love to be one of your encouraging "weight loss buddies". Maybe we can nudge each other and both stay on track! Please feel free to friend me & good luck.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm not a low carber but feel free to add me if you'd like~
  • SXangai
    SXangai Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm new here...signed up like 2 minutes ago. Feel free to add me, I'm all about us helping each other so we can reach our goals :)
  • tona04
    tona04 Posts: 1
    Options
    hello and I'm new to this site. I just joined today..I need support and advice because I don't even know where to begin as far as losing weight and exercising... I'm looking for friends who can help me and vice versa.. add me if you like