Ummm I seriously hate cardio

Options
niqua215
niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
So I went out jogging with my husband this evening and I must say that after becoming used to my heavy lifting routine, I like hate cardio. It sucks! Really sucks! Headed home to pick up some heavy stuff. Humph!

Replies

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Find some cardio that you enjoy! Endless options!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    try something else still in the cardio category-
    low impact aeobic videos, exercise bike, jumping jacks, jump rope, running in place, and lots more.......
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Find some cardio that you enjoy! Endless options!

^^ This. I used to really hate cardio, too, but I found something that I like and/or I just suck it up.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I hated it too until I found something I liked.. I really got into Zumba then I got ballsy and am doing Insanity.. After watching the first video my mom gave me 3 days.....well I have less then 2 weeks left and I am done.

I am still not a big fan of cardio but I did find some that i enjoy..that is key.. it has to be fun for you..
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    So I went out jogging with my husband this evening and I must say that after becoming used to my heavy lifting routine, I like hate cardio. It sucks! Really sucks! Headed home to pick up some heavy stuff. Humph!

"I pick things up and put them down" LOL.

I feel ya, cardio sucks.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i hate it too. then i realized what i hated was machines and anything that seems choreographed and doesn't make me think i could kick someone's *kitten* by learning (ie zumba vs capoeira)

i agree with those who say find stuff you like.

i'm pretty competitive so i like running because i can always try to beat my time. i also like martial arts because i can pretend i'm in an action movie. i also like swimming because it feel like playing. most things involving machines like elliptical or rowers i'd rather eat baby vomit :smile:
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    im not fan either but it helps, id lift all day everyday if my body would let me but gotta add some cardio in to help with you know all the health benefits it brings and also the extra calories burnt.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gym membership, so classes aren't an option for me right now. It takes so much effort to talk myself into running that I usually run out of time before I even get to it, lol. I just found a really cool free app for circuit/interval training (Sworkit) . I found it on my iphone, but I think they have it for android, too. You tell it how long you want your workout to be (they have certain set times like 10, 20 or 30, 40 etc minutes), and what type of workout you want (strength, cardio, stretching) and they give a random list of exercises along with a timer for each one. I just tried it this afternoon. It was too hot to run, and I didn't feel like doing a DVD. It's supposed to come up with a different routine every time.
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba on the wii and have tons of videos. I like Zumba, especially live classes. Haven't went to a live class in a while though. But still, I do hate cardio. LOL
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I hated it until I got better at it.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options

Jogging isn't really that fun though, try some HIIT running. Even if you don't enjoy it, at very least it'll be short and sweet and you'll feel stuffed at the end of it
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options

I can totally relate!!! I would rather lift any day. Now that i am closer to my goal weight my trainer told me i didnt have to do as often or as intense/long cardio any more....music to my ears!! I do 2-3 times a week max for about 40 minutes if i can take it that long lol
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I hated it until I got better at it.

Yes, this... And I discovered road biking. it's a blast.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it when I consider it more for recreation than calorie-burn or personal records.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You and me both...

I was pretty darn good at it too-college track, couple of half marathons under my belt and more hours on the treadmill/stair master than I'd like to remember. Hated every minute of it..I prefer to lift heavy things.

Thankfully those days are over :drinker:
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    me too, the only time you'll see me running is for my life....I do love dancing though and zumba is a great cardio workout for me at least...up to 600 calories burned(using HRM, not MFP) and spin class which is a mix of both cardio and strength training for your legs at least.
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I love dancing! I'm trying to like jogging/running, but it just isn't happening yet.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    DANCE! :happy:
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

If you like heavy lifting, try jogging uphill with a weighted vest! It will help give you the feeling that running/cardio is more of a strength exercise.

awxdah.jpg
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Cardio hurts your gains. The most cardio I do on a regular basis is walking <1 mile to the gym and that's only if it's nice out and I feel like it so maybe three times a week.