exercise challenge for June

Options
Hi all

I am new to the MFP and want to challenge myself in June to up the exercise. I was wondering if anyone just starting or experts want to join me on the journey. We can set a goal together for each week or for the month.

Nikki

Replies

• allih0527
    allih0527 Posts: 5
    Options
    I've totally slacked off lately so I am in need of some motivation! I'd love to join you in challenging myself to be more active!
  • nikkih1288
    nikkih1288 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome ! Do you have any ideas I was thinking maybe 30 min 3 -4 times a week . But, that is just a thought.
  • cindy4361
    cindy4361 Posts: 31
    Options
    I would love to join your challenge! 30 mins 3-4 times a week sound good to me.
  • allih0527
    allih0527 Posts: 5
    Options
    30 minutes 3-4 times a week is definitely manageable for me!
  • LAMAnRLA91909
    Options
    30 minutes a day 3-4 days a week sounds doable for me too.
  • Mally1124
    Mally1124 Posts: 5
    Options
    Sounds like a good goal. I have started putting stickers on my calendar for everyday I get my workout in. I know it might sound silly but it feels great to look back and see the month full of stickers.
  • 8snowwhite8
    8snowwhite8 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm in for 30-40 mins 3-4 times a week for June :)
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Count me in....I have just started excersising and think the 30 minutes...3-4x per week is doable for me..
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good goal. I have started putting stickers on my calendar for everyday I get my workout in. I know it might sound silly but it feels great to look back and see the month full of stickers.

I agree....I like to have the x's on the calendar to look at it and see what I've accomplished.
  • newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd love to join this challenge. 3 - 4 times per week is good. Let's go!
  • nikkih1288
    Options
    Sorry I have been MiA. Tomorrow is June 1st so let's get this started :) I am in for 3-4 times I week. I also love seeing XXX's on my calendar. I thought I was odd for that one!
  • megansarro
    megansarro Posts: 23
    Options
    Deff up for it!! 3-4 times a week for 30 mins! We got this! :)
  • nikkih1288
    Options
    Well it is June 3rd and I just finished my first workout for June. I did 20 minutes of cardio dance. Such a shame it only burns 138 calories! But hey it is a start right???
  • geekman
    geekman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well it is June 3rd and I just finished my first workout for June. I did 20 minutes of cardio dance. Such a shame it only burns 138 calories! But hey it is a start right???

Only burns 138 calories? 1 calorie burned is a start. 138 is a "way to go" start. Keep doing that!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options

Totally NOT silly! I've started writing down what exercise I do every day on my calendar and it's a huge motivation to keep the chain of good days up! :happy:
  • nikkih1288
    Options
    I just marked the second smiley for June. I was able to get in a 30 minute 2 mile walk. How is everyone else doing?
  • jandthebops
    Options
    Can I join in as well please? I need some motivation to get my butt moving!

My plan is to do some cardio on the Kinect tonight.
  • nikkih1288
    Options
    Can I join in as well please? I need some motivation to get my butt moving!

My plan is to do some cardio on the Kinect tonight.

Absolutely. Welcome :)
  • sexybertha
    Options
    I'll be joining in as well! Can't wait to continue to drop these pounds :D
  • nikkih1288
    Options
    Day 3 of working out for me. how is everyone else doing? I see lots of people joining me but haven't seen you on the thread in awhile. Come on let's support each other ! I am putting a sticker on my calendar for every day I workout. I have to admit wanting the sticker motivated me today :) According to MFP if I continue this way I will weigh 179 in 5 weeks. I'll take that !!! I have yet to see any weight loss but I have more energy.

Edited to say I just hopped on the scale and I am down a pound since I started exercising !