"Purest Runner"

Options
I was talking with a girl at work today about how one of my preferred methods of exercise is running. I've done it in all forms. Treadmill, outside, running track, music, no music and all that good stuff.

During our discussion I explained to her how I just can NOT run with music. It's way too distracting and I'd much rather listen to the world around me, and focus on my own thoughts than music and picking a good song. She laughed and said "Ohhh! You're a purest runner! Fancy you!"

It made me laugh pretty hard, seeing as I never knew there were categories of runners. Just how I prefer to run, better for my mind!! Thought I would share that story and wonder if anyone has made a weird comment about your workout habits?

Replies

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    No weird comments (that I can remember) but I took my headphones out today because they kept falling out (I was super sweaty!). I actually enjoyed the sounds of birds, bugs, chipmunks, etc. etc. during the last half of my run.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    no weird comments, but when I'm running outside I only wear my earphone in one ear. I've had bikes come up behind me and been surprised, I don't like that, I want to also hear whats going on around me, I think it's safer.