Support Needed 100 lb weight loss goal!!!

Options
Hello to all... I started my weight loss journey a week ago, and have lost a few pounds so far.I would like to lose about 100 pounds...I was informed that I was pre-diabetic and placed on Metformin. That was in part my motivation. However, my greatest motivation is that I want to glorify God in my body and be an agent of change/example for my household. I need all the words of encouragement, tips, and recipies I can get. Also trying to kick the salt habit. If there are formidable alternatives, Let me know please! My short-term goal is 30 lbs by my birthday which is July 22. To accomplish this, I committing to 5 days of cardio (30 min) and 5 days of strengthening alternating upper and body!!!

Replies

• medicvaldez
    medicvaldez Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love it!!! My birthday is July 19th :) I'll have your back!! I've been on this path for a while but still have a way to go! Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • joiyp
    joiyp Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm with you. I have just under 100 lbs to lose. I'd be happy to cheer you on during your journey!
  • lorimwomack
    Options
    I am with you, I have lost 17 lbs in 6 weeks. I am doing pretty good now, but think I would do much better with my exercising if I had someone to "work out with" so to speak. Maybe we can help each other with menu's and exercise. Welcome to MFP!!! We can do this!
  • leebeebumble
    leebeebumble Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic goal! I can tell by your post and picture that you have a sparkling personality and are full of life! You will get there!
  • itsnowornevercici
    itsnowornevercici Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hi hun, my mother's a diabetic and insulin dependent (for over 20 years now) as well as tablets so i've seen through her the struggles but don't despair, it gets easier to manage with time and you've taken the biggest leap in taking control and making the change :) we're all here to give you heaps of support.

i've been on here for about 70 days now and lost 16lbs so far. i still have a way to go too, my biggest frustration is i have multiple back injuries so i have to be careful with my exercise and weights and such.

you will get frustrated and there will be times where you won't see a lot of weight loss but that's your body telling you that its adjusting to your new lifestyle and that's a good thing :)

we're all warriors here and hard work and determination drives us all :)
  • iamlisainc
    iamlisainc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    July 23rd here... I'm on the journey of losing 100lbs. Let's get it done! Be free to friend me.
    :glasses:
  • jmlf4
    jmlf4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have about 50lbs to lose..would love to help you on your journey and i to need the motivation...feel free to add me
  • kELELA2012
    kELELA2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a little more than a 100 pounds but I want to lose 30 by my birthday as well and it is also in July on the 28th. I was also told I was pre-diabetic and on metformin. My biggest issue/weakness is sugar...lots of it, but I am learning to curb it. I have lost a little, but I have decided that I am worth so much more and I want to be around to drive my husband crazy (we have been married 2 years so far) for a long time. :love:

I have been on here for over a year and this is the first time I have really started taking this seriously and I think that having support will be just what I need to stay on track and stay motivated. I would love to have more friends along this journey. Anyone may add me :bigsmile:
  • aaronagostini
    aaronagostini Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started this year with a similar goal to yours, and lost 30 pounds overall so far. I'm really happy with the MFP community and tools. No matter what, stay committed to logging your food and weighing yourself, and I think you'll find that you'll be meeting your targets.
  • Tracie1082
    Tracie1082 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have determination and I know you can do it! On the days you feel frustrated because perhaps you didn't lose as much as you wanted, remember the things you have accomplished like being able to walk farther or faster, or your clothes fit better. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like!
  • gates49512
    gates49512 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you...needing to lose 100 lbs. Please feel free to add me if you would like.
  • fmancini
    fmancini Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well, and have a similar goal. I am most certainly starting insulin resistance and I am ready to nip this in the bud and get back to feeling good. I sent you a friend request, feel free to add me back.. the same goes for anyone else!
  • snowwhite0805
    snowwhite0805 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That has been my goal as well but the process has been slow and I mean both goals 100 pounds and wanting to honor God and show the self control available through the Holy Sprirt
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for over a year. I've lost 78.6 pounds. It is very doable! I'm on here everyday and can offer support and encouragement! Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • kkuchenb
    kkuchenb Posts: 1
    Options
    Good luck to you. One day at a time. Keep your eye on the goal. I lost 30 lbs. in six months and have kept it off easily by exercising and keeping track of what I eat. More fruit and vegetables, less of everything else.
  • mechelemc
    mechelemc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've got about 120 to lose feel free to friend me. Gonna need as many cheerleaders as possible, I log every day and will cheer u on too!!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Seriously. The main thing you need to do is start and don't stop.

Your weight and health will be improved, in my opinion, if you ditch processed foods to whatever extent possible. Make plants and proteins the core of your diet. Limit refined carbs like bread, pastries, chips, etc. You can certainly still eat these things, but in *moderation*. I eat so much less bread than I used to, and when I eat chips, I weigh out a serving. No eating straight out of the bag, no exceptions. By working to eliminate foods that come from a box, you'll also be reducing your salt. Meals you prepare yourself are almost universally healthier for you. (My diary is open if you want to take a look; I don't really log weekends anymore).

Your workout routine is hardcore! For me, exercise is the glue that holds everything together. I don't do cardio as often as you do though :)

I had good luck setting small goals. My first goal was to lose 25 pounds. then I updated my ticker to 40. Then 50. Then 75. Biting off little pieces seemed easier than being faced with a ticker of epic length.

Best of luck! You can do this!
  • natsthename
    natsthename Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on formulating goals! I wish you great success in achieving it!

One thing, you might want to dial back on that strength or alternate parts you're working on. Muscles need recovery time. I just began in late March, and I'm already stronger. Good luck!!:smile:
  • dc729
    dc729 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this!! I'm on here every day and willing to be your cheerleader! One of my short term goals is to lose 28 pounds by my birthday (July 29th) as well. Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have over 100lbs to lose, please feel free to add me. I log daily and am on here daily.

I know you're strong enough to follow through and fulfill your quest.