Real Calorie Totals/ Being Under Your Daily Total

Options
I'm 5' 2.5", and I'm trying to go from 120ish to 105-100 , basically the lowest I can possibly be and still be in healthy range for my height, I have a small frame so that's not too low.

I haven't been on here for very long, but my eating habits and exercise have been consistent for a couple months now. It says I should be eating 1200 calories, but then it adds more calories after exercise, and I'm pretty active, so it seems to add about 500 more calories, so it's really reccomending me to eat 1700-1800 calories, and that feels like WAAAAY too much.

I guess what I'm wondering is, how accurate are these measures of calories? I suspect that the calorie counter for food is underestimating what I'm eating and over-estimating my calories burned during exercise. Especially since I don't think I'm seeing results. Has anyone else felt this way?

Replies

• melissa3324
    melissa3324 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes I think so also. I have never made it to my calories I'm supposed to eat in a day. Even yesterday, I thought was a really bad day, but did not meet the calorie goal. And the exercise is also exaggerating, a bit I think. At the gym when I'm on machines it tells me a number much less than what is on here. To be safe, with exercise I go with the smaller number.

I do not like how it tells me I earned so many calories from exercise. This is why I decided to always put the exercise bit in last or the next day. This way it doesn't confuse me or make me feel like I can eat more calories than I should.
  • brittanyellenrae
    brittanyellenrae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Use a BMR calculation that factors in activity level, then eat around that much everyday, regardless of whether you're exercising or not. Like me, my BMR is 1600, so I need to eat that much. I'm between lightly-moderately active, so my body burns about 2200 calories a day. For my deficit I take away 500 and try to eat about 500.

Just never go below your BMR.