Hi. Looking for friends who can help me lose weight...

Options
I guess we all are looking for friends to help lose weight. But here I am. I am almost 26, female, barely 5'1 and 325lbs. Weight has been a struggle all my life but ballooned as a bipolar teenager and then worse as a pregnant bipolar teenager. I have been using mfp for 3 weeks or so now. I did real well and lost 5-7lbs (didnt have complete access to a reliable scale at first) in the first 2 weeks. Towards the end of the 2nd week I started getting real serious about getting active, trying to walk almost every day. I have a treadmill and am using it for an hour or so almost every day. Since I got so excited about walking, I was really disappointed to find out I've gained 1.5 lbs back this week. Doing some research on this community I've discovered that I probably haven't been eating enough or drinking enough. Last week I averaged out at only 1500 calories a day even though my goal was 2000. So, more water and calories for me, but I am hoping also for more support. I am looking very forward to getting to know more of you! :)

Replies

• JaimeCST
    JaimeCST Posts: 118
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I have been doing this for about a month now and I am on everyday.
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    I'll send you a request!
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You can add me :) I am on everyday. I, too, have a treadmill and do a lot of walking. I have heard it's one of the best things you can do anyway.
  • ashalicole
    ashalicole Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me too!!
  • rshcraig
    rshcraig Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Tiff, I was very excited to get my treadmill, as I have always WANTED to walk everyday, but I have a long history of self consciousness and I love being able to walk so much without worrying about an audience. Being able to exercise in private is amazing :) I'll add you
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Tiff, I was very excited to get my treadmill, as I have always WANTED to walk everyday, but I have a long history of self consciousness and I love being able to walk so much without worrying about an audience. Being able to exercise in private is amazing :) I'll add you

I am the same way. Joining a gym right now would probably make me too anxious and I would end up not going. I want to eventually get an elliptical because they burn a lot of calories.
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    add me!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I'm on daily (day 80 or so now, I think) and have an open diary.
  • Rosepetals83
    Options
    Anyone may add me also looking for friends to
  • 5RES
    5RES Posts: 4
    Options
    Fell free to add me! And welcome! You can do this!!!
  • lnicole1625
    lnicole1625 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • liam12321hsbbd
    Options
    Anyone is free to add me!
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi there feel free to add me :smile: