Cellulite!!!!!

Options
How do you get rid of cellulite on your thighs???? Please Help!!!!

Replies

• DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    This is a topic that always gets me riled! I would love to know if anyone has any miracle solutions.

I am a fairly small person, I don't have very much jiggle on the backs of my thighs, but I still have cellulite. My mom had it, my grandma had it. My doctor said some women just have it if they have even a smidge of fat on their butts and thighs. He said the only way I could see it disappear is to lower my body fat to that of an extreme athlete. In all likelyhood, that will never happen!
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it a miracle, but if definitely helps: Dry Brushing.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    If more men were plagued with cellulite....a cure would have been found by now lol!!

I too would be interested if any new break throughs have occurred. Last I heard was not encouraging. May decrease with weight loss but basically your stuck with it. Genetics. Lovely.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it a miracle, but if definitely helps: Dry Brushing.

I've heard that dry brushing is good for your skin, exfoliating and all those benefits. May improve appearance but it's not a 'cure'.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    bad news is that it's pretty much genetic, but reducing overall body fat will help since cellulite is just body fat .

and it has nothing to do with size, i've seen women when way slimmer thighs than me who had cellulite while i had none even when i had 30" thighs.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    bad news is that it's pretty much genetic, but reducing overall body fat will help since cellulite is just body fat .

and it has nothing to do with size, i've seen women when way slimmer thighs than me who had cellulite while i had none even when i had 30" thighs.

Yes! I agree! I have friends who are easily 40 to 50 lbs heavier than me, and yet the backs of their thighs are smooth not dimply.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I heard rubbing used coffee grounds on the area is supposed to help. Something to do with caffeine. I tried it, but it didn't work.....it's also very messy.
  • kam_gill
    kam_gill Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :mad: Thanks anyway!!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Like the others said..body brushing is great!
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Extra water, eat healthy fats, dry brushing, coffee grounds rubbing and leave on for 10 minutes before washing off, coconut oil... lots to experiment with! Good luck!
  • GreyV
    GreyV Posts: 60
    Options
    Hotpants! They are amazing! They're supposed to make you lose inches on your thighs and bum. I didn't lose inches but my cellulite has pretty much gone! My skin on my thighs is so smooth! No more cottage cheese bum. They're expensive but well worth it. I have 3 pairs now! http://zaggora.com/
  • StrongAtLast
    StrongAtLast Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I"m going with MORE MUSCLE. I do dry brush as well...but it doesn't seem to help me much, other than my skin is super soft!
  • julesan902
    julesan902 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    had some cellulite back when i was 200lbs. squats. deadlifts. made a huge difference. no cellulite anymore.
  • SaraBiston1
    SaraBiston1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Try this simple and effective ways to remove cellulite.

• Yoga and deep breathing is an exercise that you can practice to help you smooth out cellulite.

• To help you reduce the cellulite, build muscle with the employment of resistance coaching. you’ll do lunges, squats, leg curls and presses. Exercises like swimming, walking, stair stepping and even dancing will facilitate burn calories and these exercises can help remove cellulite from the legs. You’ll do any exercise that increase muscle and burn calories.

• Try cellulite massages. The treatment is fairly easy and is way sort of a normal massage. You need to apply a moderate to heavy pressure to the cellulite area, using the palms, fingers and or knuckles to firmly massage the area. The massage can increase blood circulation permitting the body to scrub out the toxins victimization the bodies natural waste system.
  • kevfun73
    kevfun73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Kam_gill, I see there are some people who posted that cellulite is genetic and there is nothing you can do about it. That is a myth also dry brushing is another myth. The only effective way to get rid of cellulite AND keep it off is with targeted exercises. You have over 90 muscles in your lower body and you have to strengthen & tone the muscles in the problem areas in your case the thighs.

Here are some simple exercises that you can do at home to get rid of cellulite on your thighs:

Seated Hip Twist: Targets The Outer Thigh And Rear Thigh
    1. Begin in a seated position with legs stretched out straight in front of you
    2. Bend left knee and put your left foot over your right leg
    3. Hug your left knee and gently pull it to your left shoulder and hold for a count of 30
    4. Repeat on other leg

Lying Leg Pull: Targets The Total Thigh
    1. Begin by lying on your back, knees bent and feet flat on the ground
    2. Bring your left heel and put it on your right thigh. Hug your right thigh and bring it to your chest
    3. Hold for 30 seconds
    4. Repeat on other leg

These should be a good start and I hope they help. Please share your story. You can learn about more cellulite myths here bit.ly/killcellulite
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't had any luck. I lift weights and run, my legs are solid!! And I still have cellulite :-(
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    simply....

EXERCISE and WATER AND DIET

Kev hit the nail on the head with the above ^^^^
    I toned my legs considerably and have very little now :)
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    There was a similar post and someone recommended Nivea Q10 Firming lotion. I've been using it every day for a month and although I still have some cellulite, I swear it looks smoother. I hope it's not my imagination.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    There was a similar post and someone recommended Nivea Q10 Firming lotion. I've been using it every day for a month and although I still have some cellulite, I swear it looks smoother. I hope it's not my imagination.

LOL
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Aspartame,diet cokes,sugar,alcohol. I swear,when i cut these out I have less cellulite than normal. Also drinking a ton of water helps but for the most part genetics is the devil in this case. My question is...how do you brush your skin?!?!