Started this journey on April 3, 2013 and I am down....

Options
Buff2022
Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
27 pounds. Okay fine 27.4 (Yep I am so claiming that .4) I am out of the 240's.

This all began when I went to the Doctor for hot flashes. I told her I am 45 years old and WAY to young for that crap to begin. Of course we all know I really am not. While I was there, I broke down. I am tired of dealing with the weight. I am tired of being fat. I told her I just can't do WW anymore. If I count another point...I am going to scream. I never seem to get passed day 3. So she suggested that I use MFP and work out at least 150 min. a week. She wanted to see me in a month.

So 4 weeks later I went back. And I had lost 22 pounds. Yes I know a crazy amount in a month. Her first question was ....are you eating. Yep sure am. I am not going to starve myself, because I know what happens when you do that. She also told me that the weight would slow down. I figured that. Because if I could lose 22 pounds every month. I would never had been fat to start with.

I go see her again next week. It is looking like I will have lost about 5 to 7 pounds. Which is totally normal. I am working out..more than 150 a week. I also have a job where I am moving 90% of my shift. I also start 5 weeks of boot camp classes (3 times a week tomorrow)

Things that have changed for me since I lost the weight:
1. I DO NOT let people (my family) speak to me anyway they please.
2. I really do watch what I eat. I still have candy but not all day every day.
3. I love water.
4. I love my gym
5. I keep going to Goodwill looking for clothes.
6. I have dropped one size for sure and sometimes 2 sizes depending on the clothes.
7. I panic if we run out of fruit. I stopped at the store on the way home to grab some fruit for tomorrow.

The biggest thing though. Is I told someone I love with all my heart about this weight loss thing. We don't see each other enough for him to notice the changes ASAP. It was hard for me cause I have a lot of hang ups talking about my weight.

I am in no hurry to lose the weight. I will keep getting healthy and the weight will have no issue but to leave.

Replies

• Renee81170
    Renee81170 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the good work :)
  • JaimeCST
    JaimeCST Posts: 118
    Options
    Great job!!! I'm so glad that the confidence in yourself is going up as your weight goes down! Keep up the good work.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    That's excellent, can't wait for the next success :drinker:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    With your positive attitude and sensible ways, you will succeed. Can't wait to hear your updates!
  • mrslcg09
    mrslcg09 Posts: 10
    Options
    Awesome. You rock. Good job!!!
  • jwdesiree
    jwdesiree Posts: 31
    Options
    I started my journey shortly after you (April 5), and you've hit my goal!! :);)

Like you, I have also learned a lot about myself in the last month and a half-ish... and one of them was that I ALSO love water (who knew?)!

Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration to me, that's for sure! And good for you for being no hurry to lose the weight... the only way it stays off is slow and steady, with a real lifestyle change instead of a crash diet/crazy exercise routine. (But we all know you've heard THAT a million times before.)

Again, great job!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Physical and mental success will also help feed your soul! Awesome!
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! Do you mind me asking your height and starting weight? I just started my journey on Mothers day after I had somewhat of a breakdown :( You truly are an inspiration to me as well as many others!! Keep up the great work!!
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm loving your story. Not just the weight loss part but your number item. Taking back your self-respect. So many things come with weight loss. Keep up the great job.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    27 pounds. Okay fine 27.4 (Yep I am so claiming that .4) I am out of the 240's.

This all began when I went to the Doctor for hot flashes. I told her I am 45 years old and WAY to young for that crap to begin. Of course we all know I really am not. While I was there, I broke down. I am tired of dealing with the weight. I am tired of being fat. I told her I just can't do WW anymore. If I count another point...I am going to scream. I never seem to get passed day 3. So she suggested that I use MFP and work out at least 150 min. a week. She wanted to see me in a month.

So 4 weeks later I went back. And I had lost 22 pounds. Yes I know a crazy amount in a month. Her first question was ....are you eating. Yep sure am. I am not going to starve myself, because I know what happens when you do that. She also told me that the weight would slow down. I figured that. Because if I could lose 22 pounds every month. I would never had been fat to start with.

I go see her again next week. It is looking like I will have lost about 5 to 7 pounds. Which is totally normal. I am working out..more than 150 a week. I also have a job where I am moving 90% of my shift. I also start 5 weeks of boot camp classes (3 times a week tomorrow)

Things that have changed for me since I lost the weight:
    1. I DO NOT let people (my family) speak to me anyway they please.
    2. I really do watch what I eat. I still have candy but not all day every day.
    3. I love water.
    4. I love my gym
    5. I keep going to Goodwill looking for clothes.
    6. I have dropped one size for sure and sometimes 2 sizes depending on the clothes.
    7. I panic if we run out of fruit. I stopped at the store on the way home to grab some fruit for tomorrow.

The biggest thing though. Is I told someone I love with all my heart about this weight loss thing. We don't see each other enough for him to notice the changes ASAP. It was hard for me cause I have a lot of hang ups talking about my weight.

I am in no hurry to lose the weight. I will keep getting healthy and the weight will have no issue but to leave.

CONGRATS! What an inspiration! I love #1 and #7 :smile: KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You have an awesome attitude! Great job, I know you'll be one of our success stories soon enough!
  • whitterbugkru
    Options
    Great job! It's hard talking about weight sometimes. I met a guy online, we were friends but then it started to get serious and the hardest thing I did was tell him my size, and even harder to show him a picture. I didn't want there to be high expectations, and I certainly didn't want to be the 'fat girl online fakes being thin but meets the guy anyway' either. We knew each other only for 3 years, we met in person almost 2 years ago (so almost 5 years 'together') and I was nervous as well, but he loved all of me! Now he's supporting me with whatever I want to do (stay the same or lose weight). Great guys are out there ;) If he doesn't accept your weight, move along!
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! Do you mind me asking your height and starting weight? I just started my journey on Mothers day after I had somewhat of a breakdown :( You truly are an inspiration to me as well as many others!! Keep up the great work!!

5 feet 5 inches
    starting weight 267
  • beautifulctb
    beautifulctb Posts: 100
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh, this post makes me happy! I started MFP the day before you but I had been using another tracker for a couple weeks and had lost 3 lbs. I am averaging about 2 lbs a week, which is fine for me. No one but me can see the missing 15 lbs but it has helped my self esteem, too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!