How do you log Tabata intervals?

Options
I've recently started doing tabata intervals, but I don't know how to log them as a workout...Any help would be appreciated and I apologize if this question has been answered before...

Replies

• BettyRocker66
    Options
    I would like to know as well. I do a lot of Tabata intervals, but I don't know how to log them.
  • hap2010
    hap2010 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Circuit training
  • Alicia_P_28
    Alicia_P_28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Alicia_P_28
    Options
    Well...I did a jumping jacks tabata interval immediately followed by an ab tabata interval (60 second rest between the two). I almost died and I'm still shaky from it and it's been half an hour! I logged it as 'circuit training, general' 16 min and it counted as 179 calories burnt! Not too shabby, although I bet it's more than that in reality!!
  • LongHornHoney
    LongHornHoney Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What do you think about Tabata?
  • Alicia_P_28
    Options
    well my math skills after tabata aren't their finest! LOL I only did 8 minutes of tabata total, not 16. I have to talk myself into starting it every time, and when I'm done I'm literally on my knees gasping for air. I checked my hr the other day and it was in the 150's like 10 minutes after I was done (and I was still panting LOL) It's a serious workout! Today is only my third day, but I'm sore all over...so I know it's doing some good! I'll let ya know in a week or so when I weigh if it's doing much to my weight though...the only exercise I'm really doing is 2 sets of tabata (at different times until today...going to try 3 tomorrow..but at different times) and I walk maybe 45 minutes a day with around 15 minutes being uphill fast, the rest either downhill or at a mod pace (usually when I'm taking the dogs out on a leash after dark)...I'm super lazy and hate working out, so tabata appealed to me because it was super quick, and I feel like I've really done something when I'm done (unlike when I've walked 30 minutes solid)