Flabby belly exercises?? Ideas please

Options
Hi just started the C25K, would like to compliment this with exercises to do in the comfort of my own home home to help rid me of my flabby belly. Please any suggestions.

Replies

• beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as targeted weight loss. The secret to removing fat from the midsection is the same as losing fat from everywhere else: diet and exercise. Targeting your abs or core will build/develop muscle in your abs and core, but will not target the fat there. As the saying goes: abs are built in the kitchen.

I would suggest cardio at least 3 times a week and strength training incorporated at least a couple of times a week. I tend to do the opposite and strength train 4 times a week and dedicate one day to cardio, but I add some cardio before and after strength workouts, and keep rest between lifting sets to a minute.
  • splendourgirl
    Options
    Hi thanks for your input I am alternating the NHS's C25K with their strength and flexibilty workouts both 3 times a week I am eating healthy but limiting calorie intake to 1200 calories a day do you think this is enough?
  • jesse1952
    jesse1952 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I agree with beekay70. It's a combination of diet and exercise. Sounds like your on the right track and don't expect instant results. It's a life-long commitment.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    20%exercise - 80%nutrition!
    WATER WATER WATER
    Include weight lifting (squats- curls-legs)

belly fat killer plan

RUn fast as you can 3-4times a week.
    WATER
    hanging leg raises
    laying leg raises
    WATER
    EAT RIGHT you should be good. Thats a super quick tip to get there! hope i have helped!:glasses:
  • zmeplay
    zmeplay Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    How much water is enough water?