Sugar

Options
I am always eating more sugar grams then what they recommend. However, many of those grams of from fruit. Is is ok? Is there a difference on how your body metabolizes natural sugar vs processed sugar?

Replies

• artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Me too! This is a constant problem everyday. My tip, don't count the fruits, just worry about the processed sugars. I'm always fine on carbs, protein, sodium, calories ect, but those darn sugars!!
  • loula28
    loula28 Posts: 61
    Options
    That is the one thing I am ALWAYS over on too! I do add every fruit I eat so maybe I will try to omit that from now on. Thanks!
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I think those targets are set on the assumption that people are eating a modern diet of crap, junk and rubbish. I completely ignore the sugar target since nearly all of my sugar comes from fruit (I don't need a sugar counter to tell me when I've had too much chocolate and I don't drink soda).

If you're a soda junkie, pay attention to the sugar measure. If you're a health food junkie, ignore it is my advice. Keep counting your fruit though, the calories are still calories even if they're packaged with heaps of vitamins.