Skeleton Hands?

Options
Does anybody else have super skinny hands and small wrists?
Every now and then someone will comment on how skinny my hands are and that they look gross. Sometimes I'm even freaked out by them. And my knuckles are very boney as well. Is there anything I can do (besides gaining weight) to make them look more feminine? I have pictures of them in my profile.
This is probably a dumb question but skeleton hands aren't sexy.

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I think your hands are lovely, but then I love the look of long slim fingers - I have them too (along with ridiculously tiny wrists for my large frame) and my hubby refers to them as my witchy hands. Mine do have a bit more muscle than yours which I put down to hours of piano practise every day when I was in my teens and early 20s. But other than learning to love them or taking up the piano in a really big way I doubt there's anything you can do. I say paint those pretty nails, buy some gorgeous rings and show those lovely long fingers off.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My sister has hands like that. They look fine. It is just the way they are at your current weight.
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Lol. I get commented on how small my rings are all the time. I wear a 4 3/4 in ring size. Whenever I get married its going to be difficult to get the ring I want to fit. I have tiny wrists as well. I had a cyst once on the top of my wrist, and the DR said typically they don't poke out so bad and are not noticeable, but because I have tiny wrists, he said mine looked huge. Yikes!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Trust me, no guy will ever say...she's hot, but her hands are way too skinny. There isn't much you can do to change the structure of your hands (which are fine, by the way).
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I have relatively small wrists compared to my hands. I've always had chubby fingers, so I can't relate to that. Sorry.

So annoying having people pick out obvious things about yourself that you hate. :smile:
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    You have a gorgeous body, beautiful face and any man who wouldn't love to have your hands and fingers raking his back doesn't like girls!
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I also have skinny hands, but gaining weight will make them bigger only if I get borderline overweight, so no thanks.
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I think think Grim Reaper fingers are hot, lol. I love fingers that are long and thin, so elegant. Mine are naturally like that and I expect them to get even more defined as I lose weight. Embrace those bad boys!
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks everybody. :smile:
    I just gotta learn to embrace these "grim reaper" hands of mine. :wink:
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    my wrists are so small.. and they feel fragile. :/ my ingers are short but thin so I guess that looks fine. I don't particularly like my hands but there's not much I can do about it so meh xP they work, that's all I need.
  • surreygirl23
    surreygirl23 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Every now and then someone will comment on how skinny my hands are and that they look gross. Sometimes I'm even freaked out by them.
    You need to change the people you hang out with honey, how rude!

Take up a musical instrument, most musicians have long, elegant fingers - or just hang out with musicians!
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You know, what's funny is that if I ball my hands into fists, they're nearly the same size width as my wrists. It looks like someone just cut my hands off. >_> It's seriously the most non-threatening thing ever, lmao.
  • Minerva624
    Options

Every now and then someone will comment on how skinny my hands are and that they look gross. Sometimes I'm even freaked out by them.
    You need to change the people you hang out with honey, how rude!

Take up a musical instrument, most musicians have long, elegant fingers - or just hang out with musicians!

You're too kind! lol It's mostly my younger siblings, close friends, and random acquaintances but yes, it's still rude.
    And I play guitar. It is indeed an advantage to have long fingers. :smile:
  • sueclare38
    sueclare38 Posts: 125
    Options
    I love my skinny hands, my rings are even too small for my teenage daughter and she is proper slim.
  • Minerva624
    Options
    You know, what's funny is that if I ball my hands into fists, they're nearly the same size width as my wrists. It looks like someone just cut my hands off. >_> It's seriously the most non-threatening thing ever, lmao.

Lmao, same here! Even if I were a black belt I would be so non-threatening. :laugh:
  • steinsopp
    steinsopp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have extremely long, thin fingers. My boyfriend calls me "aye aye". I love the way they look, and think yours look nice too.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I got my long and bony fingers and tiny wrists from my mother. I like them though.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Your hands are fine :smile: mine are small, but a bit muscular from playing piano when I was younger.

Just carry on playing the guitar to your heart's content!
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I think if someone said to me, Ew, your hands look skinny and gross, my response would be 'F you for being so rude!'
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    They look much like mine as far as the tendons etc. show. I much prefer them now than the chunky ones I used to have.