Weight everyday?

Options
If not how often?:frown:

Replies

• ladynevertells
    Options
    I weigh once a week on a Friday morning, otherwise I would get obsessed :)
  • lilalief
    lilalief Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'd say once a week. Your weight fluctuates during the day and during the week. If you want to get a consistent overview, try weighing yourself once a week at the same time (preferably in the morning).
  • Agb7
    Agb7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Weighing everday works for me - but I only "Track" on my spreadsheets once a week, to keep track of my progress. I lose weight better by being slightly obsessed - so while its generally advised to step on the scales just once a week, my adivse is....

do what works for you - but try (and I struggle with this) to not get too obsessed with the daily number - use these as a guide to learning how your body respnds to the actions you take - but there are a lot of things that can affect the number, not just the food that you eat.
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I "know" I should only weigh about once a week, but I do it every two days. :happy: I am trying not to be so obsessed with the numbers and I think I will get there but for now, it is hard to do.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Every few days to keep track of what makes me fluctuate and I just like seeing progress *shrug* I only log actually losses once a week on Saturdays though.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I weight and log it every day. I'm not obsessed. I understand my weight fluctuates. Weigh yourself however often is comfy for you, though imo if you're doing it 15 times a day or after every bathroom visit, you've got an issue.
  • confetti_blind
    confetti_blind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Every day but I don't get concerned about a small gain here or there as I am used to natural weight fluctuations.

I find that weighing once a week means that I am likely to have a bad week and then (conveniently) forget to weigh myself on the weigh day. And then suddenly I am 81 lbs heavier and I haven't stepped on a scale for 3 years :tongue:
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself several times during the week, but my official weigh in day is Wednesday.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day at least twice. I only record on wednesdays though. I dont get obsessed like ive heard others. I just like to know where im at and if im on track. That way, if im not on track i can change within the week for my weigh in day.
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Weighing everday works for me - but I only "Track" on my spreadsheets once a week, to keep track of my progress. I lose weight better by being slightly obsessed - so while its generally advised to step on the scales just once a week, my adivse is....

do what works for you - but try (and I struggle with this) to not get too obsessed with the daily number - use these as a guide to learning how your body respnds to the actions you take - but there are a lot of things that can affect the number, not just the food that you eat.

SNAP! :p
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Every 2 weeks.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    When I was losing I weighed once a week at the same time and wearing the same type clothing. For me my daily fluctiluations can be 2 to 3 pounds. Now I weigh once a month if that. I am in maintenance now and focusing on fitness.