Tattoo as a reward?

Options
mfpseven
mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
The more I get in shape the more I really want a tattoo. I've wanted one for years but always felt like, "well no one is ever going to see it..." I think I'm going to draw one up and sit on it a while and maybe get it next year after I'm my goal weight for a while. Anyone else do this?

Replies

• DeafLeapard
    DeafLeapard Posts: 76
    Options
    Definitely!

I have a motivational system I call "Tatt for Fatt", I just now came up with that. Cool, huh?

Every 20 lbs lost, I treat myself to a tattoo and when I reach my goal weight, I'm getting my big piece done.
  • ndegwa
    ndegwa Posts: 169
    Options
    I was thinking about that the other day, once back in shape, get a tattoo, probably something to represent my daughter!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I had one before I got fat, and always said I wanted to add to it. Now I'm comfortable to sit with my top off, I'm definitely looking to get it done!
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    Do it! That's something I would like to do when I get to my goal! :) Good luck!
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm planning on getting my third tattoo when I've reached my UGW, and a belly button piercing :) But who cares if noones going to see the tattoo, I got mine for me and aslong as I can see it :)
  • TikiTony13
    TikiTony13 Posts: 323
    Options
    I never need an excuse to get a tattoo!:happy:
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Haha, lots of tattoo lovers I see. Tbh I am super not good with needles but after having a baby I think I can do it now, soooo much blood drawn and an iv? A tat can't be so bad.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    You wont really even notice that it involves needles. Tattoos aren't as painful as you think they're gonna be. I think that's a great goal to set for yourself! :)
  • fitznewme2013
    Options
    When I reach goal I am getting large pieces done on my ribs :)
  • TikiTony13
    Options
    hmmmm.some are more painful than others!........but youve been through childbirth so no doubt it'll be a breeze!:)
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    That's what I do. Go for it! :)
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Tattoos as a reward are a great idea, I am working towards a chest tattoo... Currently rocking 7 others, and to be completely honest, they aren't that painful. Yes certain areas are your body are more sensitive, and certain tattoo artists tattoo a little more heavy handed, but all in all they are a great idea.
  • cold_hearted_witch
    Options
    have one on my lower back that before, would have look crazy in all the fat,,, but looks not burried in fat now so its good,,,lol
  • TikiTony13
    Options
    not knocking tats in any way.have quite a few and i'm getting tattooed tomorrow!
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thinking the same thing - hit my target and hold it for 3-6 months, get some ink done. Reminder of where I came from and how I got here.
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    Just depends where you get it placed as far as pain, Ive had 2 babies no drugs and my last one hurt like a Son of a B**** lol. I cried on the inside, too much pride on the outside. Anywhooo great motivation and happy that you reached a point where you feel comfortable getting one. I just got my belly to that point. My next is on my rib cage, next week Whoo hoo!!!
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    have one on my lower back that before, would have look crazy in all the fat,,, but looks not burried in fat now so its good,,,lol

Looks good. :-)
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Do it! that's a great reward!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have have quite a few designed and ready:) if i hit my goal by the end of July ..then i plan on getting my shoulders done!
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Not exactly as a reward for weight loss, but getting in shape led me to start doing obstacle races. And when I complete my next one I plan to get this:

spartanlogo_zps61dbad79.png

It'll be my first tattoo.