Tattoo as a reward?

Options

Replies

• Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Tattoos as a reward are a great idea, I am working towards a chest tattoo... Currently rocking 7 others, and to be completely honest, they aren't that painful. Yes certain areas are your body are more sensitive, and certain tattoo artists tattoo a little more heavy handed, but all in all they are a great idea.

My reward for my UGW is a chest piece :drinker:
    Certain parts hurt do hurt more, I've had the tops of my feet done and while they hurt (and the twitching was very odd) they weren't as bad as I thought! Certain parts of my half sleeve killed, especially when layering colours!
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting a "tramp stamp" (lower back) I've always wanted one, but to much fat... I'm not sure yet but maybe....
  • HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos, have 9 already! I'm definitely gonna get a reward one when I reach my goal!! On my stomach, so it always reminds me of my journey.. and also if I put on weight again the tattoo will go all wrong haha! now to get a flat stomach....
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Getting one this summer....Next month actually.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I cant because I am on blood thinners. That sucks for me.:cry:
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    how long do you guys wait once you've picked out a design? do you have it drawn on to wear it for a while? I want a full back or shoulders done but I'm thinking one on my hip to cover the stretch marks that I never should have gotten. I have a feeling if I get one I will want loads more.
  • e_is_for_erin
    e_is_for_erin Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Once I reach a certain goal, I'm going to treat myself to a new tattoo and I can't be more excited!
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yep! When I get to goal I am going to get my half sleeves done. I already have the artist working on them so I can keep at as an extra means of motivation. And I agree with the others, it does not hurt as bad as you think it will...if at all. My last tat on my back nearly put me to sleep :):)
  • LonLB
    Options
    I cant because I am on blood thinners. That sucks for me.:cry:

Ya they don't like that. I had one done once with quite a bit of alcohol in my system. And since I was always drinking then and tolerance was through the roof I was acting entirely normal. But when I started bleeding like crazy he was sure to let me know they aren't supposed to tattoo people who are "drunk".
  • HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    how long do you guys wait once you've picked out a design? do you have it drawn on to wear it for a while? I want a full back or shoulders done but I'm thinking one on my hip to cover the stretch marks that I never should have gotten. I have a feeling if I get one I will want loads more.

yeah, they are very addictive!!

how long I wait depends on my money situation I guess. and also I'm waiting until I lose some more weight... I've got designs already drawn up for both my arms just need to work on losing these bingo wings first!! hehe
  • LonLB
    Options

yeah, they are very addictive!!

how long I wait depends on my money situation I guess. and also I'm waiting until I lose some more weight... I've got designs already drawn up for both my arms just need to work on losing these bingo wings first!! hehe

Bingo Wings?! :laugh:
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I got my fifth one even though I was fat. People will just think it's new when I start going shirtless :)
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options

I started with a small butterfly on my hip.... It spiraled from there :laugh: If you want to do big pieces I'd think about them for a while, and consider your placement - I wish I had kept my back clean to get a huge back piece/I kept my arms free 'cause I wanted to get sleeves. I have waited several years for certain designs, and decided on the day/day before for others!
    Edit to add one of the biggest time considerations for me has been my artist, can take months to book an appointment!
  • SylLab
    SylLab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've wanted another tattoo for a while now, But I told myself that I was not allowed to get it until I reached my goal weight. I have one more pound to go till I can get it! :)
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing this - getting the words "earn this" in an elegant script... somewhere.
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have 9 tattoos. I've decided to get my chest piece done when I get under 200lbs. I'm nursing my baby girl so no tattoos for awhile!
  • BebeStyles1990
    Options
    I'm a massive fan of tattoo's, I've got 4 of them at the moment, but I'm planning on a lot more (When I can afford it :P) Getting that perfect tattoo if very satisfying, so I would go for it :)
  • doctorwhome
    doctorwhome Posts: 59
    Options
    Yes. I have a tattoo that I plan on getting when I get to my goal. However, there are a couple smaller ones that I'm getting before then. It's definitely a great motivator.
  • kelsiekae
    kelsiekae Posts: 65
    Options
    I have a couple tattoos already, but have always been hesitant about getting more or larger ones done on areas I'm not so comfortable with. My reward for reaching my "ultimate" goal is another tattoo and I can't wait :smile:
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    When I reach goal I am going for a side piece in remembrance of my parents, and a hip piece for myself. I have always wanted one on my hip, and side. I almost got them when I was younger before I gained the weight, but I am glad I waited. ( I might have gotten something I needed covered.) ;)