High Protein Food on the Go

Options
I've been doing great since the dr switched me from calorie counting to carb counting. The problem I run into is those times when my blood sugar drops, or I'm on the go with no time to stop at home, and I need a high protein snack/meal that is actually healthy! (McD burger minus bun does NOT count).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• kikibruce
    kikibruce Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Planters makes a great energy bar that is only 170 cal and has 17 carbs and is delish. for a quick on the go snack.
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    I've been doing great since the dr switched me from calorie counting to carb counting. The problem I run into is those times when my blood sugar drops, or I'm on the go with no time to stop at home, and I need a high protein snack/meal that is actually healthy! (McD burger minus bun does NOT count).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

You can try some of the Muscle milk drinks which have about 15 g of protein and low on calories.. go for the light version as they only have 100 calories.
    Another suggestion, which i use quite often, i have a small cooler in my car wheere i usually put two greek Yogurt (i buy the Fage 0% light), and i add two light muscle milk. They stay cool all day and they are at hand's reach if i need them as i keep the cooler in my car. In addition to that, you can prepare in advance small zipper bags that contain some walnuts & almonds (about 10 each raw). Full of protein and vitamin E, and good for your heart:)
    If you enjoy the power bars: try ones with 15 g of protein and less calories (no more than 140 calories)..
    To your health
    Dounia
    Enjoy
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I always keep a protein bar in my purse for that same reason.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Most of the gas station convenience stores are being more health aware. Those here sell string cheese, boiled eggs in a 2 pack, protein bars, bags of nuts and yogurt cups and drinks. If they have the sandwich bar you could get roast beef or turkey slices. Since this summer has been so hot and humid I have not used the cooler in the car trick, or left any protein bars in my purse. The bars turn to goo and the ice pouches melt too quick if I am out and about for a long time.
  • snyder2teach
    Options
    Thank you so much! Now I have a few good tricks to help keep me on track:)