Paleo newbie looking to lose 10-15

Options
kgecik
kgecik Posts: 17 Member
Hi all,

I'm Kelley! I am on day 4 of eating Paleo. I started recording what I'm eating to keep an eye on the carbs, since before I was eating about 400/day! Now I'm shooting for 100.

Seeing that I don't really love dairy, soy, or any of that, I thought Paleo would be the way for me to go. I don't have any allergies/sensitivities, but I was a full blown sugar-addict, and that's what I'm trying to address.

I don't notice anything from cutting carbs yet, except I'm exhausted and nauseous by 11am. I also have a stuffy nose and a headache--don't know if that could be related. When I feel bad, I go on a walk instead of looking for cookies. :)

We moved from California to Illinois 3 years ago--and I'm about 11 lbs up--partly from having a baby, partly from Chicago dogs, and mostly from making poor food choices.

Would love to find more Paleo "friends" for food inspiration! (I am not a natural meat lover, so this is hard for me)

Kelley

Replies

• jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelley!

I was just diagnosed with GERD and my doctor recommended a Paleo diet. I am still doing a lot of research and feeling a little overwhelmed! She did mention about having some withdrawl symptoms, but after a week or so, they are supposed to go away.

I am born & raised in Chicago (my husband actually runs a famous Chicago hot dog stand, lol) and now live in the burbs.

If you are looking for MFP friends, I would love to add you for some inspiration and support!
  • kmwrestle
    kmwrestle Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing Paleo 95/5 for almost 2 months after doing it strict for 30 days. At first you hate it but then you feel much better than you ever did and lose a good amount of weight. I now let myself have 1-2 non paleo meals a week and the rest is paleo.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've just been diagnosed with celiac disease (gluten intolerance) and must go gluten free. I eat a lot of meat and fish. So it's not exact;y paleo but I am low grain,high veggie, high meat. Paleo does intrigue me.
  • Darryl4126
    Darryl4126 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    What happened to a balanced diet ?? Are you planning on make this your normal diet from now on?
  • resalemom
    resalemom Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I have been doing Paleo for a little over a week. I hired a trainer three weeks ago. I told him how hard I was struggling. I have been following weight watchers and he told me to stop. I can't seem to lose the last 15-20 lbs. Of course it really doesn't matter on the scale, I am more concerned with the feel of my clothes. I must say I thought it would be hard but so far its not bad. I haven't lost a lb yet but I have lost inches in the short time I have been doing this. My energy level is so much higher. I would wake up tired and be ready for bed by 5pm. I no longer wake up tired and not ready to fall asleep by 5. I am running sprints and high intensity intervals. I love it. There is a good book on paleo by robb wolf. I picked it up from my library. I am always looking for friends to talk and work things out with. It is a lifestyle and not a diet and as long as I keep that in my mind I will be ok. Hope you have a wonderful day!
  • PNGmeri2000
    PNGmeri2000 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelley,
    I don't call myself paleo, but i have been eating a diet of sugar free, refined grain free, and additive and preservative free. I do all my baking from home and every now and then still do something with white flour because my husband begs for it. I usually get caught eating some of that, but i am working on it. I am by no means perfect in my eating plan, but my goal is to eat healthy and lord about 10 pounds. Feel free to add me he you want! :)
  • umiami05
    umiami05 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey!

Ive been doing crossfit for 2 months now and tomorrow i start my first day of Paleo - add me so we can support eachother!! I have a cruise in 2 months so no more eating junk food - its all about healthy eating now :) Good Luck