down 120 lbs so far......

Options
ttjc24
ttjc24 Posts: 10 Member
hey guys i started this journey march of 2011 i was at 350+ lbs i am now at 230(approx) and started using this site and iphone app because i hit a wall....so here i am trying to lose this last 35-40 lbs...my first 13 days i am at a 17800 calorie deficit...indoor cycling 4-5 a week , crossfit 3-4 times a week....i am hoping to blow this out in the next 2-3 months! any suggestions welcome!

Replies

• ttjc24
    Options
    well i expected at least a bit of a response being a newbie here!
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You have done really well, gives me inspiration as I have just started out this week :smile:
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Thats effing awesome! Thats a whole person! congrats :flowerforyou:
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Amazing effort so far!
  • ttjc24
    Options
    hopefully tracking the calories taken in and burned will off set this wall ive hit
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Very awesome :) congrats! the last few pounds are always the hardest...good luck to you! seems you have the motivation and can do it with ease :)
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far. Keeping track of your calories in and calories out should definitely help you.
  • hlp7164
    hlp7164 Posts: 16
    Options
    WOW! now thats inspiration! I'm trying to get focus but can't..since I've gained this weight, it's like it wears me down! But I have started back counting my calories and working out walking/jogging on the treadmill...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK..
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    There are some good topics on here about the "wall" you're talking about. I'd use the search function and check them out. Good luck!
  • MsDkis1
    MsDkis1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Have you done strength training!! That and interval training helped me. I wasn't seeing the weight at first but inches were coming off.
    I recently had an injury so now its back to the drawing board. I gained 40 pounds from it :[ thanks for the inspiration!
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    35-40lbs in 2-3 months? From what I've read, its the last 10-20 lbs that hang on for the longest and is super stubborn. Just don't give up if you don't quite meet your goal as quickly as you hope.

Your progress is amazing! I am so very happy for you!
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Good luck and congratulations on your losses so far. Awesome!
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your incredible results. Super awesome! I would give you a couple of ideas. One is the types of food and how you are combining them. Since your metabolism is working fine, and you are working out so hard, you need to be sure that you are not putting your body into starvation mode. I'm assuming that you are eating 6 times a day, maintaining a steady nutrition load. Secondly, when are you eating? Timing can be important as well. Best wishes on your continued success.
  • tajasi
    tajasi Posts: 33
    Options
    That is an awesome accomplishment! WOW! I'm fairly new to MFP too and it helps me get a good picture of what/how much I'm eating and moving. I was way off on my own guesstimates previously! It definately keeps you accountable. If you want add me as a friend - that really helps with the accountablility and encouragement!
  • ttjc24
    Options
    according to my BMI i am at somewhere between 21.5% - 23% right now and says to get to 10% i need around 200 lbs ....so i have doing crossfit to help with the strength training and running/cycling for my cardio...im eating very clean so hopefully i will see the results kick up again
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Definitely use the search function. Has helped me a ton. I would research cutting simple carbs, eating more veggies and protein, intermittent fasting, lifting heavy if I were you. I am back at my Weight Watchers goal weight and now working toward an ultimate goal weight, but really just eating super healthy and exercising. I have moved to a plant based diet of no meat, eggs or dairy, and I love it! :) Good luck on the rest of your weight loss!
  • eduncan1983
    Options
    I f you hit a plateau, start adding more healthy fats and protein to your diet. and mix up you workouts, your body gets used to certain exercise after awhile.
  • ttjc24
    Options
    here is a typical day i started this routine about 14 days ago...

BREAkFAST 1-(730 am )
    (either ) 3 scoops of protein with water- 280 calories
    1 tbls of natural peanut butter -95 calories
    or 5 egg whits with different veggies -75-120 calories
    and 1 medium banana-75 calories
    BREAKFAST 2-(930 am )
    1 CUP OF PLAIN OATMEAL WITH CINNAMON AND RAISINS ( 200 CALORIES)
    SNACK(1130 AM )-
    1/2 CUP OF FAT FREE COTTAGE CHEESE(80 CALORIES)
    20ISH RED GRAPES (60 CALORIES)
    LUNCH(130 PM)-
    2 CHICKEN BREASTS 8OZ ( 260 CALORIES)
    2 SWEET POTATOES PLAIN(180 CALORIES)
    SNACK-(330 PM)
    3 scoops of protein with water- 280 calories
    1 tbls of natural peanut butter -95 calories
    DINNER(8 PM)
    CHICKEN BREAST (130 CALORIES)
    VEGGIES ASSORTED

I AM BURNING AN AVERAGE OF 1000 PER DAY FOR THE WEEK IN EXERCISE , YESTERDAY FOR EXAMPLE I BURNED (ACCORDING TO MY HEART MONITOR ) 1310 FROM MY 100 MIN WORKOUT. DO THESE NUMBERS JIVE WITH LOSING WEIGHT...IN A LOGICAL SENSE THEY SHOULD