Anyone been to Mexico in June??

Options
Nicola0000
Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
Im looking at booking a last minute holiday to Mexico (Cancun/ Riveria Maya) on 13th June, however I keep reading that it can be really rainy at that time? Anyone been there about that time, or live there that could let me know about the weather? Dont want 2 weeks of being inside the hotel!! :sad: :sad:

Thanks!!

Replies

• PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds like a great idea.

We should go together . . . this way if it is raining and we're stuck in the hotel room I'm sure we can find stuff to do.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lswmbakhFo1qcehfo.gif
  • Nicola0000
    Options

We should go together . . . this way if it is raining and we're stuck in the hotel room I'm sure we can find stuff to do.

yeah I'm sure my boyfriend won't mind at all!! lol
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    June is the first rainy season, September is the big rain period.
    Tropical weather - possible fast evening rains and hot and humid. But lovely.

Expect more inches of rain in the month than you'll get in the bedroom.
  • Nicola0000
    Options

Yes, have seen that its the start of the rainy season, but wanted to know how often it does actually rain e.g. how many days, how often?
  • LButterfly201
    LButterfly201 Posts: 164
    Options

yeah I'm sure my boyfriend won't mind at all!! lol

Haha! :P

My brother's been in June and they do have the beginning of their rainy season then. But it's still mega humid!! x
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Yes, have seen that its the start of the rainy season, but wanted to know how often it does actually rain e.g. how many days, how often?

6 Days in the month. +- ?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150807-s208/Cancun:Mexico:Weather.And.When.To.Go.html
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I've done late May. It's hot, humid, and will probably rain at least 2-3 times but usually they are brief squalls that blow through quickly. The hot and humid part is taken care of by cold drinks and dips in the pool/ocean.
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    We went to Playa del Carmen at the end of May for our honeymoon 4 years ago and didn't have any rain.

I find Mexico rain to be similar to Florida - it lasts about 15 minutes and then it's sunny again.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    yes Porta vajarta..in June sunny all the time..ut was amazing
  • coltrax
    coltrax Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Went in June with the family a few years ago and it was hot and humid, with small little brief rain spells. It was perfect enough to cool it off. Would definately go again at that time. Way better than MN weather then
  • chinakat72
    chinakat72 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went to Cancun for a week the first of June two years ago. It was humid and a few showers here and there, but they don't last long and then the sun comes out again. I thought it was perfect weather. As long as you're flexible with your plans so you can do other things when it's raining, it won't be a problem.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Cancun weather essentials
    C° | F°
    Monthly Averages
    Month
    High
    Low
    Precip
    May
    87°F
    72°F
    8 in
    Jun
    88°F
    75°F
    23 in
    Jul
    89°F
    73°F
    11 in
    Aug
    89°F
    73°F
    12 in
    Sep
    89°F
    73°F
    22 in
    Oct
    86°F
    72°F
    23 in

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150807-s208/Cancun:Mexico:Weather.And.When.To.Go.html
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    We've been twice in July for two weeks each time and we barely had any rain at all. When we did, it was usually a short burst and then would clear up. I think we had one morning the last time where it really stormed and then rest of the day was gorgeous. Go and enjoy!
  • Nicola0000
    Options
    Thanks guys. Ive read all the "official" weather reports and it says it rains a lot of days of the month, but doesn't tell you how long it lasts for. Wanted to hear some real experiences! :smile: