By Jove I think they've got it

angelascott919
angelascott919 Posts: 178
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
When my husband and I started back on this journey a couple of months ago, we had a hard time with my in-laws (whom we live with) not quite understanding that we are changing what we eat, drink, and do. They didn't understand that we are wanting to lose weight, drink more and nearly only water and exercise. They still had lots of sweets, fatty foods and all around junk food and didn't understand that we were buying something different.

But after two months I no longer get questioned about what I am eating and why I am walking so fast. She evens says that we are doing good and likes some of the stuff we buy.

So for anyone who has someone in their life who doesn't understand what you are doing just keep it up, eventually they will get it. I think the progress alone helps them to see that we mean business.

Replies

• brat1076
    brat1076 Posts: 17 Member
    Good for you I know how hard it is to not fall in to temptation. My husband who is now eating Ice cream in front of me. Does not quite understand. I wish he did. But he is one of those skinny fat people. He can eat anything and not gain weight. I however smell things and gain weight. I am so glad you found the strength to continue. Good luck in your quest.
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Its so much easier when you aren't being challenged by the people who should be able to support you!

I know I started this journey alone in my house. After about a week my fiance decided to check it out. Its so much more wonderful having him along in this! I couldn't do it alone!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    I have one of them too.... just gotta train them to understand... it will sink in properly when they realise we are SERIOUS about what we are doing!!!

PS. Not only is mine Skinny-Fat, but he is drinking shakes to PUT ON weight... i keep offering him mine, becuase i dont need it anymore!! hahahaha
  • I live with my parents with my 13month old son.

My father weighs 180kgs almost 400lbs and he was told to go on a low GI diet, so I have taken over cooking, sometimes I am slack and just snack because my son doesn't always really *like* what I make *L* he needs more carbs and proteins than i do.

But my parents still have crap food in the pantry and it really bothers me because I am a binge eater. I get a bit upset / depressed and I just want to consume copious amounts of chocolate. I'm starting to gain the self control. But last week I gained a kg because of it. It's really my fault all in all. But I have aunties and uncles who actually need to lose weight due to health issues insulting me about my weight and weight loss and that REALLY gets up me. ha.

blah. anyway. power to you for showing them what for! Here's hoping I can get off my big butt and do something similar ><
  • You are doing an awesome job!!! Keep it up!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Thank you for this post. As my husband supports me in what i am doing he isn't always with me. i.e. ask where to eat he would choose arbys ha ha
  • Thank you for this post. As my husband supports me in what i am doing he isn't always with me. i.e. ask where to eat he would choose arbys ha ha

My husband is very supportive and has actually lost 20lbs too. He has learned a lot about how to eat properly. He was always taught to eat whatever, whenever you want. His mom doesnt think he needs to lose weight and I am sure we will hear about how skinny he is when he gets to his goal weight.

Oh Arby's is one of our favorites, and within walking distance to our apt, lol...:devil: .
This discussion has been closed.