Favorite Protein Shake???

Options
Im looking for a good tasting protein shake that is lower in calories, packed full of nutrients, high in protein, low in carbs, and has some fiber in it...

So, is there anything like that out there???

What kind of protein shakes does everyone use?

Replies

• sunshine5512
    sunshine5512 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    no one?
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for that too... I found the Pure Protein brand and buy the pre-made ones because I mostly use them after workout and to supplement my protein intake; however, I am new to the protein powder stuff and am not sure I want to mix stuff up...

The Pure Protein (I have the bars and shakes) haev 5 g fiber, 23 protein, 6 carbs and 110-120 cals for shakes and 200 cals for the bar

Hope this helps :)
  • sunshine5512
    Options
    Thanks,

That is actually the one I was looking at before but couldnt remember the name of it. Right now Im using Oh Yeah protien powder and love the taste just looking for something with a little less calories and some fiber too.

How is the taste of the pure protein?
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I am having Isopure Dutch Chocolate for breakfast now. 220 cals and 50g of protein, taste not perfect but good enough!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. I think I have the vanilla icecream flavour and it's got about 110 calories, 24g protein and I want to say 3g carbs but not entirely sure on the carb count. In any case, I low carb and use it LOL

Just checked, it's 2g carb 1g fat.
  • sunshine5512
    Options
    I just went and looked up the pure protein and none of them seem to have any fiber in them.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. I think I have the vanilla icecream flavour and it's got about 110 calories, 24g protein and I want to say 3g carbs but not entirely sure on the carb count. In any case, I low carb and use it LOL

Just checked, it's 2g carb 1g fat.

I have yet to try ON, heard so many good things about it!
  • alisha_1983
    alisha_1983 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I make lots of different fruit smoothies with protein powder. Usually vanilla powder, whatever fruit I have, and water and ice. Blend together.

I also love a chocolate mocha shake that I make. (It kinda taste like a frappe or something)
    6 ice cubes
    1 tbsp sugar free chocolate syrup
    1 tbsp instant coffee (i dissolve it in 1 oz of hot water)
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    6 oz. non-fat milk, or water
    Blend.

Just use your imagionation and you can come up with some yummy drinks!
  • Darryl4126
    Darryl4126 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Syntha 6 vanilla mix with frozen blueberries a whole banana and 12 oz water like a slushy. You can mix any frozen fruit with it
  • Darryl4126
    Darryl4126 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just went and looked up the pure protein and none of them seem to have any fiber in them.
    Add teaspoon of flaxseed (milled)
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    For Powder, I use MuscleTech. I buy it Sam's Club.
    It has 160 calories, 30g protein, 1g fat, 9g carbs. The chocolate taste amazing, absolutely the best I have tried so far, however it is quite low in fiber with under 1g.

I sometimes buy some premade shakes as well for on the go. I usually get Premier Protein Chocolate. I also buy it at Sam's Club.
    160 calories, 30g of protein, 3g of fat, 5g of carbs and 3g of fiber.
  • lucybarbie88
    Options
    I MAKE A SHAKE WITH spinach BANANA ORANGE PINEAPPLE AND A FEW STRAWBERRYS ! I ADD FLAX SEEDS BUT GROUND AND A LITTLE OATMEAL IT MIGHT BE THICK BUT ITS REALLY GOOD!! I LOST 5 POUNDS WITH IT :)
  • sunshine5512
    Options

Ahh...ok,

Does that change the flavor at all?
    What about any other healthy things to add to a protein shake like for a breakfast shake? To add to either a vanilla or chocolate shake. I sometimes add some fruit but the carbs and sugar is to much sometimes.
  • lucybarbie88
    Options
    oh and protein powder:)
  • chipugmom
    chipugmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology and it works for me. I use the chocolate and it does have fiber (but its also expensive compared to others). I have it for breakfast early in the am then I eat a packet of oatmeal or some greek yogurt and fruit mid-morning. The breakfast shake just works because I whip it up while my coffee is brewing and it fills me for those first few hours while I'm running around feeding and walking my dogs, getting ready for work and then commuting.
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Syntha 6 vanilla mix with frozen blueberries a whole banana and 12 oz water like a slushy. You can mix any frozen fruit with it
    That sounds awesome!!!!!!!!
  • lchristine5
    lchristine5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favourite is Power Whey made by Bio-X, in cookies and cream. It's 140 calories per scoop, 26 grams of protein, 2.5 grams of fat & 3 grams of carbs. I used to have a hard time drinking protein powder just mixed with water after the gym, but this one is so delicious that I actually look forward to it! I just buy it from the local nutrition store. Hope that helps :)

Also, I always keep chocolate or vanilla protein on hand and if I'm craving dessert. I'll mix up 1 cup of chocolate almond milk, 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1 scoop of protein. That curbs all cravings for me and it's soooo good!!!!

I buy Clear organic Fibre also from the local nutrition store and add 2 scoops to my shakes.
  • jenilosinfluff
    jenilosinfluff Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I really like Rockin' Wellness. It only comes in one flavor and is probably one of the pricier ones. I buy it through eBay to save and mix it with unsweetened almond milk. It's one of the few that I found with fiber. The protein level is not super high. It's a really tough call. I found that most of the higher protein shakes lack the fiber since fiber is technically a carb. The EAS Lean 15 is really good, has fiber but doesn't have many good "nutrients". Hope this helps.
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like chia seeds....they have some good fiber!

Ahh...ok,

Does that change the flavor at all?
    What about any other healthy things to add to a protein shake like for a breakfast shake? To add to either a vanilla or chocolate shake. I sometimes add some fruit but the carbs and sugar is to much sometimes.
  • tzur21
    tzur21 Posts: 29
    Options
    I use Sun Warrior- its vegan. Only 84 calories and I mix it in Silk about 100 calories- which has a protein in it as well.